The De-Enabling Thread

Sidhe-Ra

Lover's Path

Uh-oh- new craving! I really have bought far too many decks recently, so someone please talk me out of the Lover's path tarot? It look s so pretty...

Little Baron

Is that the one that is not a complete deck? There is one with some aces or something. But not complete minors. Kind of a bit like kats Golden. It looks so lovely.

LB

Sidhe-Ra

I think it has all 78 cards- says so on the listing. Its so pretty- someone please find fault with it!

Little Baron

Well. personally. It is all about love. And I don't like the names put on there. Find them distracting and the stories may be a little forced.

Saw this set in Borders in the sale recently, and left it there.

LB

la-luna

It’s a very well done deck of a high level of quality, but (here it comes) well personally I do not find every story/couple well chosen to represent the card they do (example I would love to have seen Cleopatra as a queen of swords rather than as the empress)

The emphasis as the title says is on love and relations so not only handy for that kind of readings (where they perform very well)

And their size is not easy for everyone to use very big and square so if you have little hands.....

Sidhe-Ra

I have big hand, and like big cards... I agree with you about Cleopatra though! (Although to me she is more Queen of Wands...that's how I see the Shakespeare version, anyway- CERTAINLY not Empress!)

It IS pretty though...

mollymawk

I'd like a Lovers Path set, too, but I can't afford one.

And if you've just bought a bunch of decks, you really owe yourself some time to get to know them before you go buying another one.

Seriously. Think about it. What about the decks you haven't opened and read with yet?

Once you've got to know them and the budget recovers a bit...then think about new decks.

red11

Eh. I hate the borders. They look like bad wallpaper. The pictures on the cards are OK, but the deck is way too mushy-gooshy for me, and the pictures are a little too busy....

But I agree with Mollymawk. Those poor other decks you just bought...give them some love! :)