View Single Post
Citizen

venicebard 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaw
I reference speaking later in the same post. The letter Beit is formed of the white space inside the letter Pe; the mouth, in which the tongue is housed. The tongue is an organ of taste, and also part in the processing of food as well as one of articulation.
Beyt is squared-off: a dwelling or habitation, hence the meaning 'house' and 'house of'. Kaf would be the hollow (and indeed K was the hazel to bards, perhaps almond to Semites, both primary proteins).

The evidence -- I do not expect you to agree, but here goes -- is that peh stands for the poetic mysteries: its rune is the rune-bag or rune-cup on its side, that is, having just spewed its rune-dice, symbolic of speech (emitting sounds) and divination; and its tree, water-elder, symbolizes the habitation of cranes, the alphabet (in Keltic lore) being carried in a crane-skin bag; its place in the tree-calendar is at sagittary, which is the active side of the airy layer or level or horizontal (which is actively speech and passively hearing); it is on the lip and therefore one of the earliest visible manifestations of speech-articulation we experience when learning to talk; and as for Hebrew roots, I don't have my peh-cards with me (and have not yet mapped peh-roots, only gathered them), but I would be surprised if it does not back me up in this. Indeed if it fails to (and I shall put it next on my list to map), I shall run, not walk, to this thread and say so, with apologies. I also connect its Egyptian form, reed stool, with the 'chair of the poet' that is such a predominant symbol in Keltic lore, with the divine Throne symbolizing the poetic-prophetic mysteries in Hebrew lore, and indeed with the Merkabah or throne-chariot pictured in its trump, VII LeChariot (P being bardic 7), the term used to refer to said mysteries.
Top   #27