Study to discover 'Points of Reference'

lunalafey

I have always been curious about how specific tarot might be. Take time; minutes, days, months or location; town/city names, address, longitude/latitude, etc. I'm sure that there is more to add to that.

Ever have one of those 'when will I meet my true love and what is his name?' sort of questions?

I'm wanting to look into to this deeper, but to do so with just myself would be silly, for my thoughts would only 'produce' so much, where as other minds would see other things, and from a different perspective as well. Plus the study could take forever!
So I'm purposing a study group that will search out the many ways that Tarot could possibly express things such as Dates, Addresses, Names. Maybe not quite that specific to start, but begin with some experimentation & exploration, who knows what can be discovered.

I have picked up on a specific time in a reading only once that I can recall. And that was by 'accident.' The question asked had nothing to do at all about when or where, but from all the cards together (and some intuition) I pegged who, what, and when. BUT, this was a past event. My thoughts on that is that it is easier to pick up on what has been more so that what will be, after all, there is free will, BUT.....heehee, always a but with me. With that, I realize that there are not many absolutes with how tarot can convey these things and we will probably never find a constant formula, but it could be fun to try.

More on the subject-
I once had a book, I did not like it so I gave it away. In this book it had references to the suits and which meant weeks, which meant days and so forth. It also had things like- two twos meant four weeks...or something like that. Because this sort of defined permanence of meaning was a little confusing and to 'strict' for my style, I payed little attention. Now I wish I had the book so I could reference what this author felt about timing, not to look at it for answers, but as some sort of starting point or for comparison to what might unfold though study.

Anyone want to investigate this with me?

franniee

I do luna! Great idea! :thumbsup:

I use the suits to figure time and if I have more than one card in a suit I try and determine if that is giving me a wondow of opportunity.

I had a reader - psychic do it for me once to a T! She predicted my husband's arrival and everything and I mean specifically everything to a T! I would love to be able to do that!

So yes! I would love to join you. :love:

dadsnook2000

I have a "time" book

Luna, I have a book, "Time Tarot" by Alarnah Tobin-Gray and Lyle Wentworth, first published in Australia in 2002 by Simon & Shuster.

The book makes reference to the Time Tarot deck and Rider-Waite deck and gives the match-up list between the two. The Time Tarot includes five additional cards; Power, Gypsy, Meditation, Infinity, and Amethyst Rose. These cards don't seem to have any impact on the "time" of events or developments.

All of the other cards relate to periods of time; seasonal, monthly and groups of days. This general approach seems similar to other such systems.

A number of examples are given at the back of the book. If you like, I'll try to follow this thread and contribute inputs based on the book. Dave

lunalafey

getting some of the 'obvious' out of the way....

Franniee and Dadsnook, sweet :D

I'm hoping more will get involved. I think if we could do a few draws for a few people, for some sort of short term issue, we can pick apart the reading and make our 'guesses'. But more on that later.

Dadsnook has mentioned some of the 'obvious' that I planned on getting to in this post.

In regards to time
The Seasons
We all have our slight variations of the suits, elements, associations and so forth
For me, I see Winter in Pentacles; Spring in Wands; Summer in Cups & Fall in Swords.

Then we have the 'Months'
To me these are astrology based. Using the Majors and their sign associations. Take it deeper and the planets and their ruler-ship could be used here as well.

What about Days?
Sunday is [duh] Sun-day, Monday is Moon-day, Tuesday is Mars/Aires, Wednesday is Mercury, Gemini & Virgo, Thursday is Jupiter/Sagittarius, Friday is Venus, Taurus & Libra and Saturday is Saturn/Capricorn.

This can be used to 'formulate' timing, but also the reading can have a less 'absolute' expressions of time, this is what I want to really pick apart.

Anyone else with obvious associations? (dinner calls or I'd take more time)

franniee

lunalafey said:
I see Winter in Pentacles; Spring in Wands; Summer in Cups & Fall in Swords.

YUP I agree - and within the seasons - the knights are the beginning, queens middle and kings the end.

pents & swords together are late fall/earlywinter
pents & Wands late spring/early summer
wands & cups late spring/summer

then if there is a 3 and 8 of wands, for example, I would figure that to be in the next 3-8 months - but it could be days as well - that's where I get messed up.

Also with the suits I was taught that Ace is Jan, 2's feb and so on 10's october - I would think the knight would be november and the king december - but really I've never used this method before. I usually just look at the suits and common suited cards and make a stab at that....

huredriel

I've only had a timeline come up once before, and it was in the past .......... Lovers - 6 years ago, which I found quite interesting. Don't know how much I can participate but will definitely be following this :)

lunalafey

Wanted

For anyone who reads this:
You can be one who has already posted in this thread, or just be a passer-by.
The study needs a subject. Someone who wants to know when something will happen. Please have it be something that can should come to be within a month. All other inquire within, we will need other subjects to look at with other timely issues, short term, long term and open term.
Personally, I have a few issues that can be used as well.

In the meantime, let's discuss how the cards might convey days and weeks and maybe even hours. Once we have a volunteer, we'll decide who pulls cards and other specifics of the 'reading' like what deck or spread.

Maybe we can throw out some thoughts on developing a spread specifically designed for determining time.

I'm going to think some about hours and post later.

lunalafey

The only thing I could come up with that might indicate time, is similar to the suits and seasons.
Divide the 24 hours of the day into four parts:

Winter- pents = 12 midnight to 6am (actually 5:59- but you get the idea)
Spring- wands = 6am to 12 noon
Summer- cups = 12 noon to 6 pm
and
fall- swords = 6 pm to 12 midnight

I was a bit boggled by how the numbers might work to define the hours, but that might be asking too much. Then again, that might be something that works itself out in a reading in some way or another, and that is the part of 'specifics' I'm real curious about, see how this might unfold.

So, as far a having someone with a subject to read on, I have one member how has offered for a long term subject. But we still need a short term. Maybe we can think of something on the silly side that has an 'expiration date'

franniee

also I was thinking of this this morning on my way to work....4 of wands is May to me - dancing around the may pole

lunalafey

franniee said:
also I was thinking of this this morning on my way to work....4 of wands is May to me - dancing around the may pole

I don't have a RW deck, so I'm just guessing that is the deck you are talking about?

We had only one taker, who wishes to be nameless, for the long term 'prediction'. So I guess we can take a look at that for starters.
The question posed "when a suitable part time job will open up"
I pulled four cards with no positional meaning & no reversed cards in the deck.

1-2
3-4

1-King of Swords 2- XII Hanged Man
3-the Lovers 4- 4 of Swords

Have fun with this throw, any deck or as many decks and you like. Or throw your own.

Maybe someone will come up with something else, or maybe someone who has an 'appointment' that we can use.