Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Q&A

Sylvie Steinbach

Hi everyone!

This thread is opened to anyone who has technical questions, confusion regarding the content of the book or else.
I will do my best to explain, clarify or add to what you may say or ask.

For example, someone asked why would I connect the lily with masculine as we are dealing with a flower? Well the playing card associated with the lily is the king of spades -male-. Traditionally it is the association and it is my observation that it does work that way in readings.

Anything else you wish to know?

:)

sylvie

Skydancer

I am beginning to see Lily as masculine - in tarot it's the red rose of passion and the white lily of purity. So ... hard to separate sometimes. But I think of lilies sometimes with funeral arrangements and I can see masculine there, and age.

My question is - past lives. Do we start with the key card of tree and work out to both ends? First to the left side, then out to the right?? I'm not comfortable with this part at all yet. The rest of your stories I'm having fun with - but this pretend past life does not ring any bells for me and I'm at a loss as to how YOU would proceed. Thank you for posting the first case. That helped.

I'm working on Case #2 now and will post a bit later on. Wanted to hear what you had to say first before I go off in the deep end again. :)

*S*

ana luisa

Since I got my book (yeah!) I also wanted to actively take part in the workshop. I also have a similar question to Skydancer´s. Once you are dealing with the tree as the KEY card, how would a yes or no question about karmic relationship be answered? Does it have to be with the way the two opposite sides work together, meaning, if they work harmoniously then, there was an actual karmic connection? And if this is the case, how would you spot a negative but true karmic connection? In your book the explanation uses the man and woman as key cards and the tree as an indicator of karmic bond. Now, with only the tree, how would you get further? Please Sylvie , do forgive me if these questions sound stupid but I´m genuinely interested in learning! Thank you for your help :)

Sylvie Steinbach

Skydancer

"I am beginning to see Lily as masculine - in tarot it's the red rose of passion and the white lily of purity. So ... hard to separate sometimes. But I think of lilies sometimes with funeral arrangements and I can see masculine there, and age."

I do agree with your thoughts...

Sylvie Steinbach

Skydancer

"My question is - past lives. Do we start with the key card of tree and work out to both ends? First to the left side, then out to the right?? "

Yes you always start from the key card in this case the tree. Go to the left no more than 2/3 cards if the third brings something outstanding... break them down in their concepts then without making any story, go on the right the 2/3 cards and do the same. You may have a good story right away or you may have several options -it happens often. Then it is when your psychic abilities come to play. You may flash on one specific story and you know this is it... Something we can NOT reproduce in the sample readings. We can only stick to multiple solutions or stories...

I hope this helps if not keep asking...:)

Sylvie Steinbach

Ana Luisa

"Once you are dealing with the tree as the KEY card, how would a yes or no question about karmic relationship be answered? Does it have to be with the way the two opposite sides work together, meaning, if they work harmoniously then, there was an actual karmic connection? And if this is the case, how would you spot a negative but true karmic connection? In your book the explanation uses the man and woman as key cards and the tree as an indicator of karmic bond. Now, with only the tree, how would you get further? Please Sylvie , do forgive me if these questions sound stupid but I´m genuinely interested in learning! Thank you for your help"

I am actually very happy you ask me all these questions because it shows me you have read your chapter...
Let's start with your first question.

If the question is 'are we soulmates' then the key card tree should have the dog or the ring or some cards to validate the question. If this is the yes/no that you were referring to...
In the book I use two cards per draw: the key card -male or female- and the other corresponding key card -male or female. For gays and lesbians the dog is the substitute for the second card.
The cards between or next to the two cards will show the story. The tree will confirm a karmic connection as well as the key or the dog...
So you were right I did only tackle that method in the book...

And now I am teaching you another way! ;)
I do love bringing new things in these threads if you allow me...

In these examples I posted I am not looking to see if someone is a soulmate as it is the subject on the chapter of the book. This time I want to know the past life of someone I choose to look into for.

For example a client is curious and want you to uncover a past life that may be relevant to his or her current emotional issues. The four case studies posted reflect samples of answers on it...

In these cases, the key card is the tree. Then we look onto the left of the card up to 3 cards -no more! Actually 2 is a decent amount -always keep it simple!
Then break down the cards based on meanings/concepts...Again do not jump on a particular story until you have looked onto the 2 on the right. Then either you got the story or multiple options open up. Only your psychic intuition can guide to the best one... I swear to you with practice and if you do a reading onto someone else you may come up with pretty amazing info for the person you read for. Try it.

Now check the past life thread and get your teeth into the four readings' results...

ana luisa

I´m so glad you posted two more cases! Now, I have a more technical question: a friend asked me to read cards for her ex. I got stuck as how to actually "get" the cards. I shuffle and then, what ? Do I pick the man and woman cards, put them aside, and pick at random some others to place beside these two? How do you manage to come up with such a neat arrangement ?

card + card + man + card + card + woman + card + card ?

I told you it was technical... :)

Sylvie Steinbach

Ana Luisa

It depends on the question. Is she asking what is going with him? Then you must concentrate on him and his key card -which is the man.
Then you pick the cards flipping them over as described in the book until you find his key card. You must concentrate on the fact that you want to know what is going on with him...Then look at the 3 cards on the left and the 3 ont the right -no more than that please!!! to avoid confusion.
So yes you end up in a neat card + card + card + key card + card + card + card.

Now the reason behind doing it this way is you get to learn to concentrate and just pick as you do...over practice, your brain will get into the ZONE. The psychic zone it is...and then you will get some quite amazing info. The cards then become a tool to psychic messages the same way people use Oui-ja board or pendulum...instead of just reading cards.

Anything else? is that answer your question?

ana luisa

o.k. I think I got the picture. While you´re flipping the cards, you leave ALL the flipped ones there, on the table until you reach the one you want. And then, you flip three more. What if the key card is the last you pick? It happened to me once... Quite bizarre.

Sylvie Steinbach

Ana Luisa

Yes it is correct. It does happen that you end up having all the cards face up by the time you get to the key card. Why?

1- you may have word your question wrong. Rephrase it and try again.
2- you may have not been focused enough, your thoughts were off centered.
3- the 2/3 cards before the last one which happens to be the key card may be more significant. The future -the right side- may still be undecided by the subject of your question.

Finally if you get the situation twice on the row which is very rare the message may be that nothing of the future is written as of today and to try your inquiry another day...

Hope this provide a good guideline for this very specific situation... :)