View Single Post
Citizen

juliecucciawatts 

I just went to the link and read the whole passage, quite a long piece but it could have been written about Sekhmet. Why do I always feel as though I am looking into a vast dark hall of treasures with a tiny flash light? one only gets tiny glimpses of what is there and it takes forever to figure out the picture...

Thanks for your response,
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvis
It sounds like a fascinating trip, Julie! (More on that later...)

Concerning the 10 of Swords, on all sides of the tragedy in the middle are ways to move beyond it. Concentrate on the message of hope in the light on the wall, focus on the family still with you, look to the heavens suggested by the high windows, etc. But the trap is to wallow in the death and gore in the center of the picture, to think of how you've been betrayed.

And I almost forgot, there is also the path to the left, which is where the streaks of blood are. Blood for blood, perhaps? Not exactly the 'high road', but there it is.

About your ideas about blood and wine, rituals and Mary Magdelene: For some reason the first thing that came to my mind was the gnostic gospel, "Thunder, Perfect Mind".
For I am the first and the last.
I am the honored one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am <the mother> and the daughter.
I am the members of my mother.
I am the barren one
and many are her sons.
As I said, I don't particularly know why this came to mind...perhaps just the idea of rituals where one thing is really another thing.

Peace,

Melvis
Top   #8