View Single Post
Citizen

Melvis 

What a fabulous spread! I'm excited to see the fruits of your trip to Egypt being shared. I gave the spread a go, and it was very interesting.

1st Hour (What I need to separate from)
TEMPERANCE - Full Moon Cycle of Pisces
I guess the card about time and mixing cycles is the perfect card to start out a journey through the underworld, isn't it? I think this re-emphasizes the need to separate myself from the mundane.

2nd Hour (What magic guides my boat?)
TWO OF WANDS - Last Quarter Moon in Sagittarius
A union of some kind is apparently guiding my boat, but I don't know what that union would be. I'm wondering if it's more like a decision I've made instead of a union, and now I'm looking past the decision to the world beyond. I was able to change some things at work that I think will make it much more fulfilling in the future, so I'm thinking that's what it refers to.

3rd Hour (What is my shadow?)
THE DEVIL - Winter Solstice / Yule
I think getting past this decision has been my devil. It took me a long time to figure out how to get where I wanted to be, so I spent a great deal of time thinking to myself, "What if...?" Evidently I spent too much time at that place in between, wondering what was coming, wondering if I should turn back.

4th Hour (How deep can I go?)
THREE OF CUPS - First Quarter Moon in Cancer
This card made me laugh out loud, because I pictured those three ladies looking down at me in the underworld and saying, "Wow, that's pretty far down!" To me, this seems to be giving the answer, "As deep as you need to go...don't worry about it!" Whatever will be, will be.

5th Hour (What am I creating?)
KING OF CUPS - Full Moon in Sagittarius
Wow, this is such a powerful card! It's so striking. To me, this indicates that I'm trying to create a space in my life and work that I can feel free to love and enjoy, and where I feel appreciated and satisfied.

6th Hour (Who is my immortal opposition?)
SEVEN OF WANDS - New Moon in Aquarius
I don't know if this is supposed to be a person or not, but, looking at the card, this is not the type of job for me. I'm not much of a 'front of the house' type of person. But, as I get into other areas of my work, this is what I'll have to start doing. It's time to 'cut up' my fears and eliminate my opposition!

7th Hour (What is my transformation?)
PRINCE OF WANDS - Winter Solstice
A lot of Solstice cards in this reading! This seems to say that my transformation in actually getting on with something once I've decided to do it. This card shows the infant Sun at the beginning of his life, and that's really what transformation is about - getting on with life after making a change.

8th Hour (What must I contemplate?)
THE SUN - Summer Solstice / Litha
Here's the third Solstice card. My first thought is that I should keep my goal in mind. As I thought about it more (and looked up what you said in the book ) the idea of wholeness in respect to this card came to mind. So I'm thinking it's more about contemplating what exactly makes up my idea of a perfect outcome; consider all the parts of my life and work and what they would be like if I reach my goals.

9th Hour (What is my great work?)
FIVE OF SWORDS - New Moon in Scorpio
Hmmm. I'm assuming this isn't saying that I'm going to cheat other people as my great work! When I looked more at the card, the look the 'victim' is giving to the viewer seemed very distinctive. I don't think he's being 'taken' at all. He's going to 'out' these swindlers as a public service. That's more of what I see myself doing. Not outing swindlers, necessarily, but illuminating information of all kinds through computer graphics and programming.

10th Hour (What will bring me into harmony?)
PRINCESS OF WANDS - Full Moon in Virgo
I love this girl! I just picture her saying, "What?! Let's go already!" The impatient teenager ready to get on with her life. So what will bring me into harmony to continue my journey is sustaining myself with the potential energy that is around me; reaching out to the people around me that are hopeful and driven to make the world a better place.

11th Hour (What do I need to know from the timeless place?)
TEN OF CUPS - Last Quarter Moon in Pisces
I need to appreciate the family around me, both at work and at home. I look at the card and think, "It's right in front of you!" I just have to open my mind and see it.

12th Hour (Who am I?)
TEN OF COINS - New Moon in Cancer
Another Ten at the end of the reading - good place for them to be, I'd say! This is such a perfect card for me, as I think of myself as the keeper of our family's legacy. I've done our family's genealogy and I still work on it because I enjoy it so much - learning how our ancestors lived their lives, finding out what happened to them and why they did what they did. This is an area I hope to blend my new computer skills with and create new ways to work with family trees and family history information, so this is a great card to get!

Interesting that there were 5 'winter' cards, according to the Ma'at system. I don't know exactly what that means, but it seems appropriate for the spread, doesn't it?

Peace,

Melvis
Top   #3