Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

sapienza

MysticalMoose said:
I have been on taroteca & copied all the cards scans for the Llewellyn & made a folder on my desktop & am using it for my screensaver so I can just sit there & watch the images change in front of me & just enjoy them. Ive found myself noticing lots of new things about each card. :) I am going to enjoy this! :D

Hey MM, great idea about using the scans for a screensaver. I think I might do the same. In between my bouts of "what the hell am I doing?", I'm starting to really enjoy this too :D

kwesifriends

Hello thorhammer I'm already prepared for this study and I already decide what card I use. I choose Robin Wood tarot because of its unique image and interpretation so have fun running this study thorhammer. :D

thorhammer

bleuivy - A card or two a day??? Hel, I'm lucky to get through one or two a week, with my schedule!:laugh: Just kidding - you're right about seeing the book not the cards. It's a deck where you really need the artist's thoughts on the symbols and what is included and why, but it gets a bit much after a while. If I have to read the list of the five stages of womanhood again, I'm going to scream!!!!! ROFL . . . But thankyou. I will no doubt be taking you up on that offer :) You got a deck for me yet, or what? ;)

sapienza, thankyou for your dose of sanity. I appreciate your ramblings, no matter what they're about.

MM, great idea. I really like that one, a lot. Good for you!

kwesifriends, I'll touch up your listing.

\m/ Kat

kwesifriends

Thanks a lot thorhammer I wish this could be a fun and quick study. :D

thorhammer

kwesifriends said:
Thanks a lot thorhammer I wish this could be a fun and quick study. :D
Easy done, kwesi. But the point of this study is to take TIME with one deck, not to make it quick. That's why there is a time requirement, not a set goal for people to aim at. Otherwise some would finish in a week or two, while others would still be here a year later. You work at your own pace, for a certain time which you are welcome to extend at the end if you wish.

I've done my "homework", sapienza LOL. But it's so late and I'm so tired, I'll post about it tomorrow. I wrote almost two pages . . . very good exercise. Made me think. Hard to separate it into points, though, and not write a whole essay!

\m/ Kat

PeterS

What I love about this group is that we are all over the planet. I love waking up and dashing to the computer and finding two new pages of posts.

Kat, hang in there, we are all going through the last minute jitters. I know exactly what you mean about not getting the deck. The Liber T scares me at times, is revolting at times, and wonderful and beautiful at other times. I keep the voice suppressed in my head that tries to divert my from what I have chosen to do.

So I think that I will do that homework as well. Writing down what I like about the cards, what I don't and what I hope to get out of the whole IDS experience. In a sense I have to know what my target is if I am going to hit it, right? Sounds like a great beginning journal entry.

Peter

fluffy

Kat - I also had cold feet (indeed I still do about my chosen deck). I agree that you have to remember what you love about the deck and ignore anything that is not constructive for you - it serves no purpose.

I suppose I am a little upset that no-one else has the same deck as me and it feels as though it will be lonely and more difficult without input from another source. However, I am going to try and stick withit and see how it goes.

Love Fluffy
xx

PeterS

fluffy said:
I suppose I am a little upset that no-one else has the same deck as me and it feels as though it will be lonely and more difficult without input from another source. However, I am going to try and stick withit and see how it goes.

When it comes to cold feet in this project I think that there are as many excuses to quit as there are people in the group if not more.

Fluffy, we may be using different deck but we are in this together! I look forward to hearing what you learn about your deck.

Peter

bleuivy

thorhammer said:
bleuivy - A card or two a day??? Hel, I'm lucky to get through one or two a week, with my schedule!:laugh: Just kidding - you're right about seeing the book not the cards. It's a deck where you really need the artist's thoughts on the symbols and what is included and why, but it gets a bit much after a while. If I have to read the list of the five stages of womanhood again, I'm going to scream!!!!! ROFL . . . But thankyou. I will no doubt be taking you up on that offer :) You got a deck for me yet, or what? ;)

So this is what happens when I post too early in the morning. I'm not as clear as I should be :laugh:. What I usually end up doing (especially with the WoC), is I read a card or two in the book one day, and then it takes me a couple of days to internalize what I've read. That book is dense. Especially because I end up thinking about what I read in the book, instead of what I saw in the cards.

As for deck...eeep! I keep going back and forth between the Shining Tribe and the Wheel of Change. Yesterday I was so sure it was going to be the ST, and today, I'm positive it will be the Wheel of Change. I trimmed the ST, which made it so much more endearing, but I could really use the WoC too. I'll probably just go with whichever deck is the one I'm "sure" of on the start date, lol.

kwesifriends

thorhammer said:
Easy done, kwesi. But the point of this study is to take TIME with one deck, not to make it quick. That's why there is a time requirement, not a set goal for people to aim at. Otherwise some would finish in a week or two, while others would still be here a year later. You work at your own pace, for a certain time which you are welcome to extend at the end if you wish.

\m/ Kat

O I see thanks for correction me by the way thorhammer how about make the IDS twice a year maybe this will be fun! and by the way could someone give me the link to the old IDS. (I mean the place were all AT users do there study!):D