Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Disa

I'd like to know about the tarot tree, too, Kat. The sounds of silence came from me because I ran out of steam with the Tarot of the Crone.

Today I will officially end the first IDS and start the next one and I'm very excited about that. When I get home from work, if all goes well, I'll formulate some sort of beginning, as in what kind of notebook am I going to write in, and how am I going to manage 2 decks at once-Lump them all together and compare and contrast? Or make a separate for each deck.

Anyway, it seems I should do some sort of closing spread with the Tarot of the Crone, but I'm not sure at this point what type of spread that would be(I've had less than a half cup of coffee at this point).

See you all soon!

Star-Willow

What's that you say? Sounds of silence???? Ahhh yes, that has occurred in my little part of the Universe...... very hard to IDS with a small child running amuck in the house, let alone trying to study or get computer time once all house occupants have arrived home at the end of the day.... but that's how it goes in my house.

It hasn't deterred me though, I am still studying and reading with my Thoth, some days are good and some days are not so good. My official end date is this coming Saturday (21st June) and I am looking forward to it, mostly so I can look/touch/read/play with my other decks.

I never thought I would say this, but I am actually getting bored with just this one deck....I can close my eyes and picture most of the cards, which I guess is a good thing. I just really miss looking and reading with my other decks.

I am going to continue with an IDS of sorts but I am going to allow myself to view other decks occasionally...... I feel that it'll take the boredom away.... definatley continuing my deck study but just not so intense...

No need for Me to tell you all how full-on the Thoth is and for me it's going to be a long journey....... so be it :)

Kat, I am curious about the Tarot Tree aswell... I look forward to your posting about it :)

WolfSpirit

jema said:
Edited to say - lol with WolfSpirit for thinking about the same deck as me the exactly same time. Syncronisity!!!

Yes and we posted at the same time :D

I think that I will start with studying one deck at the time, and only after that start comparing them (although I will probably do so unconsciously beforehand). That way I can appreciate every deck in its own right before I start comparing them. I don't know for how long though...to be honest I found the IDS tough and I want to make it a bit easier on myself now, but I still want to keep focus on deck study and not scatter my attention over too many decks...
I don't think I will make rules this time, I am thinking more of guidelines. I will try to listen better to what works for me, not what I am sticking to because I think I should.

afrosaxon

Goodness...

The DOM is definitely going to be a challenge; it requires ANY knowledge of basic, "Traditional" RWS meaning to pretty much go out the window.

:bugeyed:

I am having to completely read these intuitively, focusing on colors, symbols, and looking up the myths for the women listed (such as Ceridwen, Hecate, Pasowee, etc.). And it's...different. I mean, I read intuitively with the NOVT as well, but sometimes it has a (very roundabout) connection with a RWS meaning if I get stumped. :D

@Cat: The IDS exchange is similar to other exchanges, except that:
1) it is limited to those doing IDS ONLY...random people can't just sign up for readings, like they can in the regular Reading Exchanges.
2) participants read with their chosen IDS deck

We usually try out cool spreads with our decks...sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't. :laugh:

Hope you will join us!

T.

vhrsn

voyager tarot deck

Hi to all,
I'm new ehre, so am observing what's going on. OK so I have to have a pledge and here it is:
I'll try to:
1. do three card readngs using no particular spread for one month. Then will reflect upon it later on.
2. Shuffle the deck several times a day.
3, come back here to AT and see the thread to see how everyone's doing.
4. practice reading with the tarot for myself.

I'm using the voyager tarot deck and will start tomorrow June 18th and end on July 16th if I have that right. Also have brailled the deck so I know the cards that come up.
I also memorize the symbology of this deck and read with upright cards.
All the best,
Veronica

JONIKA

Hi,
I am at a loss here. What is this thread about? I don't understand the concept...Someone, please, enlighten me. :D

Cat*

afrosaxon said:
@Cat: The IDS exchange is similar to other exchanges, except that:
1) it is limited to those doing IDS ONLY...random people can't just sign up for readings, like they can in the regular Reading Exchanges.
2) participants read with their chosen IDS deck

We usually try out cool spreads with our decks...sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't. :laugh:

Hope you will join us!
Thanks for the explanation. :) And yes, I'd love to join! I hope I don't miss it when an exchange thread goes up.

Promise

JONIKA said:
Hi,
I am at a loss here. What is this thread about? I don't understand the concept...Someone, please, enlighten me. :D

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94651

That should answer your questions.

To make it simple, you choose a deck, and you use ONLY that specific deck for a specified period of time. Most of us are doing 3 months, but it varies. This thread is so that we can provide support and insight to the others who are undertaking the same challenge.

Cat*

JONIKA said:
Hi,
Since I'm too tired to put things into my own words right now, I'll just give you some links. This is the original thread where the IDS (=Intensive Deck Study) idea was developed and this is the first IDS support thread. Reading the first few posts of each should give you an idea of the concept. Hope that helps! :)

Edited to add: Promise obviously is more awake than I am. ;)

jema

I just made a little blog where I will explore my IDS deck this summer. It is in swedish though but thought I would share the URL for those of you that might be interested. Nothing there yet though.

http://pixelinatarot.wordpress.com/

These days before we start i am gonna bury my head in my tarot bags and go "Muahahaha" and just indulge in them all, like Uncle scrooge in the donald duck comics when he takes a bath in his vault...