Interpreting Minors in Marseilles Decks

Melanchollic

eugim said:
Dear my friend M...

1-Could you tell me aside the astrological right consideration,your scheme allude to Alchemy itself I mean in its inherent structure,so the stages of the Opus Alchemicum ?
2-Of course I m agree with you my Crab friend that the whole deck describes this process from Nigredo to Iosis

My best as always,

eugim

Howdy Eugim,

The only thing 'alchemical' from the above is the 'shuffle/draw' method.. and I use the term 'alchemical' rather loosely. I call it 'alchemical' since the (shuffle) method picks the cards based on 'planetary' energy, in a similar way as to how the alchemists chose times and the kind of procedure based on the planetary ruler of a given day, or given hour, etc.. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same ol' astrology spread Grandma used. ;) Of course, the shuffle method is completely optional when doing an astrological reading.

:love: M

eugim

I got it Crab M...

Gryphon E

Paul

Kircher Tree said:
Posts like that are what this forum is all about. Don't let anyone discourage you or tell you that you are "getting too deep". This is "History and Iconography" and we can go as deep as we want here.

Kircher Tree failed to really read my whole post-- the one that obviously inspired this juvenile response from Kircher Tree.

Having said that, it's only a forum.
If this is to be the clique, then enjoy.

:) (ironic smiley face placed here)

Hooked on TdM

*Gets out her big wooden spoon and threatens you both with it*

Now boys, ya'll play nice now.. plenty of room for everyone's opinions.

HoT

Kircher Tree

Paul said:
as I exit stage left.
Paul:

I hope you do not exit, either left or right. Some of the ideas that you have come up with are fairly deep. (And I think that is a good thing, as I have said before.)

Paul

Kircher Tree said:
Paul:

Some of the ideas that you have come up with are fairly deep.

The Wizard (covering up with the curtain): The Great Oz has spoken. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....the...Great...er...Oz has spoken.
Dorothy (pulling aside the curtain and reprimanding): Who are you?
The Wizard: (stuttering) I, I, I am the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz.
Dorothy: You are! I don't believe you.
The Wizard: I'm afraid it's true. There's no other Wizard except me.

And that folks, is the writing on the wall...

Melanchollic

Say, while ya got your wooden spoon out Hooked, why not whip us all up a nice batch of chocolate chip cookies??? :love: :love: :love:

:CL I got my milk ready..

M

Melanchollic

Dee-luxe Illustrated Example Readings - Part 2

Example #1

astro-reading1.jpg

The querent has applied for the graduate program at the University of Kyoto, and wants to know if she'll be accepted. The question is a ninth house matter (education), and the Seven of Cups appears there. The Three of Cups appears in the first house, and represents the querent. Cups are the most fortuitous of the suits, so this would be a clear 'yes', both querent and quesited being positive.

Answering the querent's question, if one's methods are logical and sound, should be able to be done at a glance. Getting the 'whys' and 'hows' is a more subtle art. So, what else can be determined from these cards? Both cards are odd. What about odd numbers could be of relevance and interest to our querent? I'd say mobility (versus stability in the even numbers), which is suggestive of speed. The news of our querent's acceptance should arrive relatively soon.

Occupation

Occupation is an idea I borrowed from geomancy, and refers to when the same geomantic figure occupies both the house of the querent, and the house of the quesited. Of course with tarot, each card is different, but they do have some degree of 'sameness'; the same suit, the same number, the same court position - King, Knight, etc.. Here is how I work with Occupation.

If the significator of the querent, and the significator of the quesited are -

the same suit: this always means 'yes', pure and simple, regardless if it's a positive suit (cups, coins), or a negative suit (swords, batons). If both houses are occupied by CUPS (as here), this suggests the querent will be happy with the result, (so, here our querent will be accepted to the university and it will be 'a pleasure'). COINS - the same, but to a slightly more 'frugal' degree. If both houses are occupied by BATONS, again a 'yes', but the result will require 'labor' to achieve or maintain. Occupation by two SWORDS, 'yes', but it will entail 'strife', and the querent may regret it.

the same number: this means that, even if the suit emblems indicate a 'no', some sort of connection, usually deducible from the number, will be made. For example if in the above reading the quesited had been a Three of Swords - even though the answer would be 'no', the admissions worker could be a possible source of advice about an alternative path (three being symbolic of the birth of ideas) for our querent, so I'd suggest to the querent to write or call this person and ask them for advice.

the same court: this means that, like the suit emblems, a connection will be made, but of a more personal nature (the courts being 'persons'). In our current example, if the querent was signified by the Queen of Cups, and the Quesited was signified by the Queen of Swords, the answer would still be 'no', and I'd still suggest that the Querent contact the admissions office and talk to this person, but this time, the cards suggest it is more likely that the two will strike up a friendship or longer term association beyond just this one time.

More to come....

M

Hooked on TdM

*carries out a fresh batch of homemade Devil's Delight Chocolate cookies, fresh from the oven, with sticky chocolate glaze all over it, offers it to everyone at the table*

MMMMM, good idea M!

I will have to read your last post a few times to grasp it all.. lol

HoT

frelkins

Mel, you use all 78 cards, I see. I agree i think that the answer is yes, because 7 is a good Pythagorean number, 4 plus the sitter's own 3. I also note the luxuriant foliage on the 7, the leaves of the 3 continue to grow & flourish. "Rising" as Enrique would say, I think.

I guess my question is about the speed thing, because i tend to associate 8s as the active moving number. So I'd like to hear more about that even-odd thing of yours.

Also, what do you do with all these other cards? Ignore 'em? Is this the actual spread on that you show to the sitter? On this chart-paper? And does it say something that this sitter seems to have so little baton-energy at this time? Only one baton card? What would the 2 7s say to you?