Astrological Reading Methods for Pips

frelkins

Just sent off my first Mel-style reading, complete with passings and all that.

Well, let's see if any response, positive or negative comes back. . .thanx Mel.

Bernice

Frelkins, please could you post the feedback?

Bee

frelkins

hey b:

well, back to the drawing board for me! i think mel's method is best left to mel!

here's what the querent replied:

"Thank you, dearest, for this kind and intensive reading. So much of it rings true. So much interesting material requires more time to absorb but please accept my sincere appreciation."

Sigh. ;(

Bernice

Hi Frelkins,

I take it that you feel this feedback wasn't overlay postive then?

Hmmm, "so much of it rings true". I would agree it's not a definitive "Wow!, you've hit the nail on the head".

Can it be submitted to Mel? See what he comes up with? (Just a thought....)
Well, at least you've given it a go.

Bee. :)

frelkins

well i would post the layout photo here but i don't have rights to do so. . .mel is very busy, i guess, our reading thread rather petered out. or maybe i just bore him :D

yes i agree b, that feedback was polite rejection. back to camoin + EE for me.

frelkins

ok bee since you were nice enough to PM and ask:

IMG_0177.JPG

Deck: Il Meneghello's Naibi di G. Vacchetta, hand tinted by Osvaldo Menegazzi, Milan. Deck #531 of 1500.
Sitter: 60 y.o. Leo male
Issue: his 90 y.o. mother's recent stroke
Layout: Melancholic's astro style, 1st house starts at Il Guidizio.

Bernice

Ooooh! You have the Meneghello Vacchetta! Beautiful.
Sitter: 60 y.o. Leo male
Issue: his 90 y.o. mother's recent stroke
Layout: Melancholic's astro style, 1st house starts at Il Guidizio
A quick 'glancing' look at this time (Gotta re-check Mels pip arrangement - I did it 'wrong' originally):

Mum is in 4th (2 Cups - she looks OK, well, stable):
7 Cups in her 4th house: Not so good in the home environment.
Queen Cups in 3rd: Able to communicate (Comfortable with it?)
6 Cups in her 9th: Not likely to be able to travel around. (rather obvious...)

Querent (Leo man): 7 Cups opposite him. 6 Cups in his 12th. Queen Cups in 6th.
He seems more concerned than she does! The 12 house Cup = he's really worried. The Queen Cups in 6th = he looks to be very healthy!!
Will have a better look when offline. I'm copying your pic Frelkins. Thanks for posting it.

MEL: If you turn up.... do tell us what you think.

Bee

Melanchollic

Oh Dear. I'm missing all the fun! :)

I'll be glad to toss in my two cents, keeping in mind tarot is an interpretive activity, and there isn't only one answer. What did the querent specifically want to know about his 90 y.o. mother's recent stroke?

And frelkins. I'm tellin' P.C. that you've been foolin' around with other boys methods. ;)

:heart: M

frelkins

Melanchollic said:
What did the querent specifically want to know about his 90 y.o. mother's recent stroke?

And frelkins. I'm tellin' P.C. that you've been foolin' around with other boys methods. ;)

aww Mel go ahead and tell him. Everyone knows it was a meaningless infatuation and we never got past first base. Really. The only one I've ever loved is you. . . :heart:

Said querent's mother lives in a Mid-Western nursing home where last week she had an unexpected mini-stroke that robbed her of her memory and impaired movement in her left arm. He had given her a voice recorder previously so she could record stories of her life with his father, who died quite some time ago.

The memory loss quite shocked the querent and made him fear for this story project as well as that his mother had lost her personality with her memory. Slowly over a week, some memory came back, she remained lively and could recognize him, but when he went to see her saw how frail she was. His exact concern was how much of her memory would come back, over what time period, and has this event really shortened her longevity.

Maybe we should all do a group interp to walk ourselves thru Mel's method?

Melanchollic

Mel's Two Cents

Here's how I'd read it... (I could be off by a mile though..)

Mother's are to be found in the 10th house. The stroke and it's effects would be 6th from the 10th, the radical 3rd.

The Queen of Coins shows the mother is overall moderately fine. This must, of course be in consideration of the mother's condition - for a 90 year old woman who has recently had a stroke, she is moderately fine. The effects of the stroke are shown by the Wheel of Fortune, and our judgement will hinge on how we interpret this card. I'd say it is showing the mother's health to be unstable at best, more likely, the stroke was probably a 'turn toward the worst'.

So far however, we have nothing but probabilities here and if there is no connection between the two cards, it may be minor. (The cards being like loaded guns, the 'connections' being what pulls the triggers) We have two. The mother has a square aspect to the Wheel via the Q. of Cups. and a trine via the Six of Coins, both showing a 'connection' between the mother and the stroke, indicating that there is a real impact on her life.

I'd judge this reading by saying overall, the Wheel is on a downward turn and the mother will grow worst, though now relatively stable. As for her memory, the cyclical quality of the Wheel may be showing that her memory will "come and go", neither fading out all together, nor returning to normal. I might advise the staff at the nursing home to continually remind the mother about the recorder, so when memories do 'click in' she can record them, for they may not come again.

Sad situation. :(

Alrighty then.. That's how I'd read it. Those of you waiting patiently to throw tomatoes at me... you may begin. :D

M