Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Hooked on TdM

Thanks! Hehe, the hardest part is going to be not buying any decks! ;)

Hooked

SolSionnach

Hooked on TdM said:
Thanks! Hehe, the hardest part is going to be not buying any decks! ;)

Hooked
Tell me about it!
I didn't buy much in the way of decks for months, and the past week it's been one after another. And I was so proud of myself for resisting! :(

Bloudwedd

Just to notify that I have put my IDS on a indefinite hold. I dont know the pure reason behind it really. Most likely that the deck (Pagan Tarot) started to annoy the crap out of me and the fact that I realised that doing an IDS like this was not really my way of doing things. But I am really greatful for hte support I have recieved in here and also for the experience itself.

Lots of love andl ight to you all that actually stick with it!
/Anna

thorhammer

Best to you, Bloudwedd :) Just as long as you feel like you've gotten as much out of it as you can. I do agree with you that it's not really the kind of deck I'd like to spend an extended period with }) but there you go.

@ Cat* - I totally hear you about the Housewives. I had two . . . traded or gifted both. But you do make a good point about not having given it a good enough chance. Perhaps it just takes a really creative approach to get into it? Maybe redecorate? ;) :D . . . and I'm only half kidding . . . })

I just want to get mine over with, but I can't seem to get past the blockade that is the Fourth and Fifth Tarot Tree levels, and especially the Aces and Threes. I have 17 cards left to journal, which really is bu&&er all! But it's coming so hard . . . but I'm determined to "finish" what I started before I begin with the next round.

Where's that shop with the motivation and willpower? :D

\m/ Kat

Bloudwedd

thorhammer said:
Best to you, Bloudwedd :) Just as long as you feel like you've gotten as much out of it as you can. I do agree with you that it's not really the kind of deck I'd like to spend an extended period with }) but there you go.

\m/ Kat
Heh! I remembered you warned me about this particular one - but did I want to listen? Noooooo... Ofc not! Typically me! Need to do all the mistakes everyone else have done once more and then some of my own ^^

Emily

thorhammer said:
I just want to get mine over with, but I can't seem to get past the blockade that is the Fourth and Fifth Tarot Tree levels, and especially the Aces and Threes. I have 17 cards left to journal, which really is bu&&er all! But it's coming so hard . . . but I'm determined to "finish" what I started before I begin with the next round.

Where's that shop with the motivation and willpower? :D

\m/ Kat

I think you have done fantastically well. Just 17 left and you will have done the whole deck - you have a minor block on that's all. Just remember its not forever, just these last few cards left and you will have done it - your first IDS. :)

thorhammer

Bloudwedd said:
Heh! I remembered you warned me about this particular one - but did I want to listen? Noooooo... Ofc not! Typically me! Need to do all the mistakes everyone else have done once more and then some of my own ^^
LOL We're all like that, mate - don't beat yourself up about it! :laugh: Are you gone entirely, or do you have another deck that you're considering for a study?

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Emily said:
I think you have done fantastically well. Just 17 left and you will have done the whole deck - you have a minor block on that's all. Just remember its not forever, just these last few cards left and you will have done it - your first IDS. :)
((Emily)) Thankyou :) That's just what I needed. I keep rushing myself, no matter how much I tell myself not to :rolleyes: And I'm so eager, champing at the bit, to get into the Thoth. Crazy as that might sound!

\m/ Kat

sapienza

thorhammer said:
((Emily)) Thankyou :) That's just what I needed. I keep rushing myself, no matter how much I tell myself not to :rolleyes: And I'm so eager, champing at the bit, to get into the Thoth. Crazy as that might sound!

Well, if it's any consolation, it certainly doesn't sound crazy to me. Considering I've fallen head first into the Thoth madness myself. I think I mentioned I had an old edition of the deck. I'd heard all this talk about the 'green' versions and always wondered what they looked like. Anyway, I caught up with some tarot friends last night and one had a new Thoth and when I put mine beside it I almost fell of my chair laughing. Mine is SO green. I used to think it was greyish but NOW I understand the whole green thing. All this time I've had a greenie and didn't know it. The colours in the new editions (which of course I went out today and bought) are SO much more vibrant and the details are so much easier to see. The only very sad thing is that the backs now have white borders which is nowhere near as special as the borderless back. Stil, you can't have everything I guess.

I'm just finishing off a few things with my Alchemical and am working myself up for a Thoth IDS. Maybe we can start together Kat.....when you are finished with your wonderful Wheel of Change of course :)

thorhammer

sapienza said:
Mine is SO green. I used to think it was greyish but NOW I understand the whole green thing.
LOL And here I was, tonguing for mine to get here from America because I saw the photos and thought, "Green???" and couldn't wait to see if it was! LOL I prefer it. I like the colour so much better, and since mine is a big one, I can see the details heaps better than my tiny suckers!
sapienza said:
Maybe we can start together Kat.....when you are finished with your wonderful Wheel of Change of course :)
*le sigh* Only if you can wait till the end of time . . . I seem to be at a roadblock. Red tape, you know? :D

\m/ Kat