View Single Post
Citizen

Silverlotus 

Astrological Influence - Aquarius
Element - Air
Month - January, February
Contributor - Janet and Stewart Farrar
Flowers - Iris - hope and power

This is such a lovely card, and I think Moongold has described it very well. I just wanted to add some of my own thoughts.

The Star is another one of those rare cards who's predominate colour does not match it's element. But I suppose this card would not have the same feeling if the water was yellow. I wonder why here shells are red. I think perhaps they could have been yellow to bring in the air element. But, looking at colour symbolism, the red shells could represent courage and passion, which I think is part of the meaning of this card.

I agree with Moongold's assertion that the observatory is strangely modern for this card. I'd almost want to say that for the sextant to. The general "timeless" culture shown in these cards doesn't seem to fix these items, but I guess if they have ships then they must have sextants. The book for this deck says these items represent conscious awareness (observatory) and the unconscious (the sextant). I'm not really sure where they get that from.

I also like the idea that here we see the lake that the river, which we have been following since the High Priestess, has turned into. Our unconscious has flowed far, and is not altered by this Star Goddess.
Top   #2