Who is Ra-Hoor-Khuit?

Rosanne

Got it now Abrac. Thanks.
So it is a giver of Law.
~Rosanne

Abrac

A lawgiver yes, but also a warrior. Crowley saw him as Horus the Warrior defending the honor of the new aeon. Lawgiver and warrior, both strong aspects of Crowley's own personality.

Aeon418

Rosanne said:
OK I get the Tav=400, Samech=60, Gimel =3 =463
The middle pillar Mildness,Devotion, the Present, Rod of Almond- OK
...but everyone seems to have different paths assigned to letters.
Where you cite Samech- I have seen Resh. Where you cite Gimmel I have seen Dalet......and so it goes on.
But which set of correspondences was Crowley using? Which set of correspondences were so firmly set in Crowley's mind that he based his entire magical world view on them? Which set of correspondences did he encourage students to learn so that they would be able to undertsand his works?

The Golden Dawn correspondences!!!

So is it any wonder that Liber Legis uses these correspondences repeatedly, and even spots a flaw in them?

But even beyond that, Crowley had already worked out the main name correspondences before Liber Legis was even dictated. As soon as he got the translation of the stele he began trying to find significant qabalistic numbers in the names of the deities. The names are, first and foremost, qabalistic ciphers.

Aeon418

similia said:
PS for those reading who are unclear about the reference, the Rod of Almond is a reference to Moses' staff, and also the recommended wood for the wand of the magician in some systems.
And if you consult your copy of 777, table XXXIX, you will find almond listed under Kether. A rod of almond is Kether extended - the middle pillar of the Tree of Life.

Interestingly if you add together the path number values of the middle pillar (13-Gimel, 25-Samekh and 32-Tav), you get the value 70. Yet another rod, but this time extended upwards - Atu VX The Devil, Ayin 70.
(A clue to the real nature of the libido. ;))

If you add together the Trump numbers (II + XIV + XXI) you get 37, the value of YChIDH - Yechidah.
37 is also the sum of the sephiroth on the middle pillar.
1 + 11 + 6 + 9 + 10 = 37

Aeon418

Abrac said:
As Aeon418 said before, he is the outward manifestation of Aiwass.
Where exactly did I say that, Abrac?

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
And if you consult your copy of 777, table XXXIX, you will find almond listed under Kether. A rod of almond is Kether extended - the middle pillar of the Tree of Life.

My 777 is packed in a box at the moment, but I have a vague memory of a reference to an almond plant in flower. Was that correct in reference in Kether? That makes sense to me, the almond rod for the middle pillar and the flower at the top?

cardlady22

I don't have 777. Is that the table of plants? In my 'The Complete Magician's Tables' (by Skinner) there is a heading called N5 - Natural Magic on page 226.

1 almond in flower
2 amaranth
3 cypress, etc.
4 olive, etc.
5 nettle, etc.
6 sunflower, etc.
7 rose, etc.
8 moly, etc.
9 pomegranate, etc.
10 ivy, etc.

Grigori

'The Complete Magician's Tables' is based on '777' by Crowley, they are both basically the same idea. I think all of the references in '777' are in CMT, with a few changes and some structural differences. There is also a lot more stuff in CMT. Your looking in the right place CardLady, thanks for finding that reference for me :)

ravenest

Abrac said:
A lawgiver yes, but also a warrior. Crowley saw him as Horus the Warrior defending the honor of the new aeon. Lawgiver and warrior, both strong aspects of Crowley's own personality.

Regardless of what we call him he's 'out there'.

Here is another one (from my localised traditions)

Bungil - He is represented in animals by the eagle hawk, in celestial bodies by Mars (Mars is his angry red eye watching us) and his earthly role is to give the law and make sure it is kept. (The Aust. Aboriginals have similar concepts to Nuit and Hadit as well as similar 'myths' which seem quiet like passages from BoL.)