Have I This Right?

Aeon418

Rosanne said:
Teth..Leo...Strength/Lust 8

Lamed...Libra....Justice 11
How come you've swapped the numbers of Lust and Adjustment? Lust is 11 and Adjustment is 8 in the Thoth deck.

Aeon418

Rosanne said:
More acceptable to make the Emperor at the door and you raise your hand and say "hey good to see you Aries!" than "Tsaddi let's go fishing Captain Hook" You have to go the Moon to catch a lobster.
But the Emperor still is Aries. Nothing has changed there. So what's the problem?

Thoth attributions:

IV The Emperor - Aries - Tzaddi - 28th path.

XVII The Star - Aquarius - Heh - 15th path.

Rosanne

Aeon418 said:
How come you've swapped the numbers of Lust and Adjustment? Lust is 11 and Adjustment is 8 in the Thoth deck.
Tsk tsk bad RWS habits that we must all have, to have missed that!
I have changed them back to suit the Thoth. Glad you are not tunneled visioned Aeon.
~Rosanne

Aeon418

The Book of Thoth p.203
The Ruach is centred in the airy Sephira, Tiphareth, who is the Son, the first-born of the Father, and the Sun, the first emanation of the creative Phallus. He derives directly from his mother Binah through the Path of Zain, the sublime intuitive sense, so that he partakes absolutely of the nature of Neschamah. From his father, Chokmah, he is informed though the Path of Heh’, the Great Mother, the Star, our Lady Nuit,* so that the creative impulse is communicated to him by all possibilities soever. Finally, from Kether, the supreme, descends directly upon him, through the Path of Gimel, the High Priestess, the triune light of Initiation. The Three- in-One, the Secret Mother in her polymorphous plenitude; these, these alone, hail him thrice blessed of the Supernals!

*Footnote: How strikingly this fact confirms the counterchange of IV and XVII, above fully expounded: as a link between Chokmah and Tiphareth, the Emperor would have no great significance, and this exquisite doctrine of the Three Mothers would be lost.

Aeon418

Rosanne said:
More acceptable to make the Emperor at the door and you raise your hand and say "hey good to see you Aries!" than "Tsaddi let's go fishing Captain Hook" You have to go the Moon to catch a lobster.
But the Emperor is trying hook and draw something up out of the Moon. He's now on the 28th path between Yesod (Moon) and Netzach (Venus).

Yesod is the seat of the powerful sexual forces in humanity. It is pulled up the 28th path to the sephira Netzach, the sphere of Fire and Devotion. Aries on the 28th path is a perfect symbol for this explosive force. But when correctly hooked and drawn up via the control and discipline of Raja Yoga* (Royal Yoga / Tzaddi - meditation) it is Kundalini fire.

I don't understand why so many people think the 28th path is a path inspiration, intuitions and dreaminess. That kind of thing relates better to the Venus of the path of Daleth. It's she who "births" inspiration, intuition, and insight from the supernal triad. The Venus of Netzach is a firey Amazon female force. It imprints (impregnates ;)) it's desires (seduction, bait) onto the subconscious in Yesod and draws up a fish (Nun - scorpio - serpent) out of the waters of the Moon - Yesod.

* Bhakti yoga is also applicable. Sublimation of the sex-force in single minded devotion to a deity, the image of the Beloved.

Yygdrasilian

Adjustment

The King's wound is a punishment for arrogance.

It is only after Parzival learns humility that he may return to the Grail King's castle and fulfill his quest.

Aeon418

Yygdrasilian said:
The King's wound is a punishment for arrogance.

It is only after Parzival learns humility that he may return to the Grail King's castle and fulfill his quest.
You could be right, Yygdrasilian. But am I replying to this post, or one of it's previous two incarnations?

Yygdrasilian

Dolorous Stroke

Well, let's just say I don't want a spear jabbin' me down there either.

Theory may be a card trick.
Practice is another story.

My apologies.

Aeon418

Yygdrasilian said:
Well, let's just say I don't want a spear jabbin' me down there either.
Amen to that.
Yygdrasilian said:
Theory may be a card trick.
Practice is another story.
;)
Anyone for Three Card Monte?

Rosanne

Nearly 4 billion people use the script that derived from the Phoenician/Hebrew abjad. Note I said use- not think the alphabet.
It is the sounds. They are also a prayer in their order. Like using the Kabbalah on the diagram of the tree with it's own particular order, rhythm, and meaning.
It never occurs to anyone to change the order of the emanations. I guess a sound one might use is emanation.
The sounds from your mouth are equally sacred. Think about it.
As above-so below. They come in wave patterns, that hopefully another's ear perceives. Say the abjad out aloud- taking note of the pattern of use.
Use it as a prayer in the broadest sense of the word. You will see the rhythm- you will hear the wave of sound- the letters take you on a spiral round your speech/vocal organs. It is through sound that you and I are communicating here. Imagine a mute world- right from the start.
First you open your mouth and just before you breathe-Aleph...move on down to Tsaddi which really is the paper making papyrus symbol- use your head take point like a tooth and make a mark and now you write down the sounds.
Tsaddi is not the 5th emanation of sound, nor is the Emperor the 18th card.
~Rosanne