Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

LeaRoseQuartz

Thank you, Emma. Sorry for the hell you've been through. Lea

Red Emma

Top five home remedies

Thanks, it's kind of you. You must be quite perceptive. Other people I describe EMDR to don't see so deeply. Anyhow, I'm in my eighties, happy, and I've survived. Besides that, it's turned out that I understand people fairly well which is useful in my profession as a writer.

Blessings,

Emma

Alta

A quick Google gives:

Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing

and there seems to be tons of resources for this.

I have heard of this in past and in professional context and I think it is held in high regard from what I read.

LadyKathryn

I know everyone is touting AVC for coughs.

I have asthma...but i'm also working with children teaching swimming lessons..i started in about november!

I am ALERGIC to Vinegar...and i have a LOT of trouble with Ginger.. Aparently I am an alien and I'm the only person on the planet that seems to be affected by ginger in the way that it MAKES me throw up!

I will try the coconut oil....though i hate coconut!

Is there anything else besides garlic and ginger and onions for wheezing and coughing out there? I tried the earth clinic site....and i just saw a TON for AVC...but since i can't take that ....what do i do???

I have the cough for 2 weeks...finally antibiotics start to work...and then i'm mostly better for about a week and the coughing and weezing comes back!
Then i start the anti biotics again.....same thing...1-2 weeks..and now i'm a bit better... but the wheezing is back...I'm mostly fine during the day...jsut exhausted...workign out doesn't help *i am a personal trainer./lifegaurd so i know when to workout and when not to* I wait for a bit...and once i feel strong again i work out..but it seems that as soon as i do.. i'm back to feeling wheezy...i know asthma...but i haven't been this bad in a long time.

I can't sleep..i'm tired..and irratible... anyone been around a sleep deprived cranky taurus with mars in ares???? hell i even horrify myself!

Soooooooooo to save my poor aching ribs and my poor girlfriend's nerves...

WHAT CAN I DO????????????

thanks
LK.

Debra

Equal amounts of essential oils of pine, eucalyptus and tea tree. Put a few drops into a shallow bowl of boiling water, put a towel over your head and inhale the steam for as long as you're comfortable (make a "tent" with the towel to keep the steam in). Feel better soon, I hope.

firemaiden

Red Emma said:
I seem to have come to a relentless plateau in my weight loss program, I hoped that the vinegar (apple cider type) would get me started again. I've taken two teaspoons a day in 16 oz of water (sipping, not chugging) for about two weeks without any success.

Are there further suggestions?
I think the vinegar solution would have an application if the source of your weight were a sluggish gall bladder, and therefore an inconsistent release of bile, and therefore difficulty in efficiently digesting fat. The vinegar or the lemon juice is a life-saver for me, when the gall bladder acts up...

However if this is not the reason for the weight not budging, I cannot see how it would have any effect.

My favorite home remedies...

1) for headache: exercise, sleep and sex. (or sex and sleep)
2) for nausea: chewing on a raw ginger stalk.
3) for heartburn: eat something bland, like cream of wheat, or yogurt.
4) for acting up gall-bladder: lemon juice in water, and yes, magnesium.
5) for jumpy legs: magnesium
6) for insomnia: exercise, focus on a point of light, a hot bath, magnesium, sex...
7) for depression and misery: exercise, sleep, sex, COFFEE
8) for inability to leave the computer screen: slamming the lid down.

firemaiden

LadyKathryn said:
Is there anything else besides garlic and ginger and onions for wheezing and coughing out there? I tried the earth clinic site....and i just saw a TON for AVC...but since i can't take that ....what do i do???

YES! Magnesium. Liquid Magnesium, maybe three times a day.

I once had a HORRIBLE lingering bronchitus, I thought I was dying of TB or something, I had it for six months! Then I went to France, where the doctors are notoriously trained not only in medicine, but also in the black arts :D - (read Marcel Ayme), and an adorable French doctor gave me packs of glass ampoules filled with a liquid magnesium solution to put in juice. It stopped that cough in its tracks within a week.

LadyKathryn

firemaiden said:
YES! Magnesium. Liquid Magnesium, maybe three times a day.

I once had a HORRIBLE lingering bronchitus, I thought I was dying of TB or something, I had it for six months! Then I went to France, where the doctors are notoriously trained not only in medicine, but also in the black arts :D - (read Marcel Ayme), and an adorable French doctor gave me packs of glass ampoules filled with a liquid magnesium solution to put in juice. It stopped that cough in its tracks within a week.

ROCK ON!!!! THANKS!!!

P.S MSM will stop a fibromyalgia attack *flare up* dead in it's tracks.

Also if someone has the hiccups...ask them what their middle name is... they'll answer... if it was a quick answer ask them what their other middle name is... it will confuse them and stop the hiccups.....and all you have to do is smile and say... You're Hiccups are GONE!!! and they will look at you like you are magic!!!!! it's priceless.

stefficus

it's good to know sex and coffee will cure anything that ails me.

...what? firemaiden said so! it can't hurt to try anyway. ;)

tarotlyn

...I like this one best...however...it doesn't always work:bugeyed::laugh:

8) for inability to leave the computer screen: slamming the lid down.

...yep...I just tried it again...and it didn't work...am still on here! lol :laugh:

Almost forgot:

1. itchy, scratchy, or sore throat:
sprinkle salt (only real sea salt) on your tongue a few times a day...
(best if you catch it early at first sign of a tickle)

2. For those that are allergic to mold:
put some Hydrogen peroxide 3% (the one you pour on cuts and it foams up)
onto a paper towel while around your index finger, then put it in your nose
and, holding the other nostril closed, breath in. If you get too much peroxide
on it, it will feel like it is burning your brain:bugeyed:...but it will keep you
from getting deathly ill from the mold...and it works EVERY time! (from experience)

...there are more...but all I can think of at the moment...
:):heart:tarotlyn