an experiment at gilt edging

shadowdancer

I was in town today and saw some gilt stuff in the craft section. One was a paste you rubbed in with your fingers or a sponge which dried pretty much instantly, the other was liquid leaf.

The below pictures are with the paste. I really like it, and may get a couple of more tubes in other shades of gold (they had 3 different shades) and gilt a few of my favourite decks. Not sure about the liquid as yet.... looks more delicate to use and has a lot of health warnings on the label.

The decks shown are my new arrivals: Pearls of Wisdom and Wisdom of Faery Oracle. Both have been trimmed before being edged. I have rubbed them quite hard once they were dry and it seems to be standing up to that so fingers crossed they won't need redoing any time soon

Davina

Attachments

• Img_6637.jpg
    Img_6637.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Img_6638.jpg
    Img_6638.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,438
  • Img_6640.jpg
    Img_6640.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,365
  • Img_6641.jpg
    Img_6641.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,326

MsRubyRain

Very pretty Davina!

Dusk Till Dawn

That fit's the Decks perfectly!
Wonderful Job!!!

shadowdancer

thanks for that :)

took ages to do...looked like I was a body (or finger double) for a character frm a Bond movie when I finished :D. About 90 mins for the tarot deck and then another hour for the oracle decks. ( I did another oracle not shown in the photos)

the other shades were: antique gold, antique green and European gold. The shade you see here was called Grecian gold

Might try the European gold as I think it will be more akin to the colour of gold jewellery.
got a few ideas as follows:

Osho Zen (either European gold or antique green)
Fantastic Menagerie (Grecian Gold)
Cosmic (Grecian Gold)
Mythic (Grecian gold, what else...lol)
Radiant RWS (either European gold or antique green)

Davina

Dusk Till Dawn

Oh, the green sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see how that looks!

Soothsayer

Looks like you got some gilt paste on your thumbnail. ;)

Miss Divine

I love it. It looks really great!

Stormdancer

LOL And I thought that was her fingernail polish! :D

The cards look VERRRY nice, but I don't think I have the patience for that.

Stormdancer

Hemera

Oh how beautiful!

MareSaturni

WOW :bugeyed:

They look BEAUTIFUL! Well done!!!!
I think a gilded Mythic would be just great! Though i have no idea whatsoever what 'grecian gold' looks like... :p