Time Frames

Mind

Hi There

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this question, if not, someone please direct me!

I am new to aeclectic and the tarot, but come from a spiritual and healing background. My question is regarding time frames. People (including myself) are always asking questions about when things in their readings will come to pass.

Are there any cards that indicate times or ways of interpreting weeks, months etc? The only basic understanding I have is of the card suits that represent seasons. Is there infact, any way to give accurate time lines?

Also, in people's experience, how long does it take for a celtic cross reading to come to fruition?

Looking forward to your comments.

Kindest Regards

Aulruna

Hi mindxb,

welcome to Aeclectic!

Yes, Using Tarot Cards is the right place for your question.

The subforums have index threads at the top of the page, and it's always a good idea to have a look at that index to get a feeling for the topics appropriate for the subforum.

Also, you can easily locate threads you may be interested in that way.

For example, some discussions about timing questions can be found here.

Enjoy!

Mind

Thanks for that... lots of information to go through!

Ambience

mindxb said:
Hi There

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this question, if not, someone please direct me!

I am new to aeclectic and the tarot, but come from a spiritual and healing background. My question is regarding time frames. People (including myself) are always asking questions about when things in their readings will come to pass.

Are there any cards that indicate times or ways of interpreting weeks, months etc? The only basic understanding I have is of the card suits that represent seasons. Is there infact, any way to give accurate time lines?

Also, in people's experience, how long does it take for a celtic cross reading to come to fruition?

Looking forward to your comments.

Kindest Regards

Hi welcome to the forum.

I was told by a proffessional reader i should wait for two year to have my next celtic cross tarot reading. Feels abit long to me.

Yes people have got different views on timings. I'm no expert but mary greer seems to be quite a pro on this and there are several threads about timings if you use the search function on the site.

Sorry i couldn't help more, I wouldn't want to advice you wrongly.
x

Nytebugg

I was taught that in the celtic cross the 6 and 10 cards, which in the version I use are immediate future and outcome, are the best for timing clues.
welcome and I think I may have to read some of those timing threads.

nisaba

Nisaba's Timing Method

This works for me.

I keep a deck that has never been used for readings with me when I'm reading. It is the Ancient Tarots of Bologna, but really, any deck with Majors you don't really identify with and unillustrated pips would work - the whole idea is that it is NOT a reading-deck, at least for you, and you don't want to be distracted by pretty or meaningful pictures.

When you need to arrive at a timing for something in the main reading, get the querent to shuffle it briefly, and cut where the deck feels as if it wants to come apart.

If it is a Major card (it very rarely is) it does not give you an exact timing. The card will be saying "The timing is up in the air, it will be determined by how quickly you deal with the issue that this Major card shows you, nothing can happen till after that.

If it's a minor card it works like this:

Wands-Fire is the fastest element, so it's days.
Swords-Air is still fast but not as fast, so it's weeks.
Cups-Water is a little slower, so it's months.
Pentacles-Earth is slowest of all, so it's years.

Aces are one of the time-frame, pip-cards are whatever numeric value is shown on them, Pages are 11, Knights 12, Queens 13, Kings 14.

This allows a little overlap, and I always tell people that it will take such-and-such a time, more or less. If they ask (and many do) I also explain *how* the card stands for that. Feedback in my own and friends' lives is that it works well, and I occasionally get longer-term feedback from previous, satisfied clients who are okay with my system of telling time, too.

Please have a dedicated deck to do this with! On occasions when I've left it behind and tried using a deck not trained up to this system, it has bummed out on me totally.

olivia1

That's really great advice, Nisaba. Thank you so much for sharing. I copied what you said down :)

Mind

I totally agree, great advice. Thanks so much... I've got a lot of reading and practice to do!

214red

i think it depends on the deck and what stands out in the card for me, i dont think there are any hard and fast rules, but astrology links help with timing, esp with the major arcana

but sometimes you just feel it

Mind

Nisaba

One more question... what exactly did you mean by majors you don't identify with? I guess I'm so new, I'm not exactly identifying with anything in particular! Can you use regular playing cards perhaps?

Thanks again for sharing your formula!