The Heart of Faerie

faunabay

DragonFae said:
faunabay....for me...these faeries seem to talk even more than the first deck...not sure why...maybe it is just me and I am more open to hearing them
hmmm.... I think with me it's just the learning curve that I'm using from the original. The FO talks to me bunches now!!! :bugeyed: But this one talks more right out of the box! So I think it's more of a - the original taught me how to talk to them - so this one talks more right off the bat.

Truely I think it's more I learned how to listen, not that they talk more!! :p And I'm getting a huge YES!!! from the fae! })

pickled pixie

faunabay I tried asking but unfortunately my mind keeps stepping in and trying to make up the names and I'm coming up with such names as Kevin and I'm like kevin.... kevin you can't call a faery KEVIN!!!!!! :D LOL

I have read some of the book now and have to say it's so... well...relationshippy (if thats a word ;) ) I don't think I could read with this deck at all if I went by the book meanings....

PP xx

faunabay

pickled pixie said:
faunabay I tried asking but unfortunately my mind keeps stepping in and trying to make up the names and I'm coming up with such names as Kevin and I'm like kevin.... kevin you can't call a faery KEVIN!!!!!! :D LOL

I have read some of the book now and have to say it's so... well...relationshippy (if thats a word ;) ) I don't think I could read with this deck at all if I went by the book meanings....

PP xx
**ROFL**

Well the first fae I asked told me her name was Lora....... :p I did the same thing....um, Lora??? But then we went on from there and it made sense, well the message became more faerie!

And who cares if you get all "normal" names. At least you'll have a name to call them instead of The Song, or The Paradox! :D

About the book......like I said earlier I hadn't even cracked the book. Well now I've read the intro but I'm not going to read any of the meanings. After "learning" with the original FO I'm totally going to go with my own meanings.....what they tell me specifically. Because I'm with you, I don't want a deck that's just focused on relationships and love. The faeries are MUCH more than that!

Courtnis

Newest Oracle Deck - The Heart of the Faerie Oracle

I just got the Heart of the Faerie Oracle Deck and am ready to explore. I thought I saw a forum where others had started threads for each card just like with the FO but now all i can find is this thread. Does anyone have marked as a favorite or something to where you can direct me...please and thank you!

Aislinn

faunabay

Courtnis said:
I just got the Heart of the Faerie Oracle Deck and am ready to explore. I thought I saw a forum where others had started threads for each card just like with the FO but now all i can find is this thread. Does anyone have marked as a favorite or something to where you can direct me...please and thank you!

Aislinn
Courtnis, the separate card threads are in the Oracle Study Group section under the Faeries Oracle. :)

irisa

pickled pixie said:
I'm coming up with such names as Kevin and I'm like kevin.... kevin you can't call a faery KEVIN!!!!!! :D LOL

PP xx

Hehehe this made me laugh so much! Because I can actually sooo understand why one might want to describe themselves as a Kevin! and also maybe his best friend is Tim! :)

I skimmed the book and I'm still really disappointed with it. I always go by my own feelings and meanings anyway but he original FO book was for me inspiring this is well..... limp, and souless.

Another strange thing, I had expected there to be a connection between the 2 decks, but there's just no combining them, no way jose! They feel absolutely seperate.

To be honest comparing the two what came to my mind was "mass market". The original has some challenging cards and images which have been cleared out of this one leaving a much fluffier deck.

irisa :)

cardlady22

Now, now. Kevin is a perfectly proper name for one with Gaelic ancestry. Of course, they wouldn't spell it that way. })

Satori

I want you to know that I cannot find my book and box. I have been using them with friends totally intuitively. No book, no idea what they mean in terms of the creators.

I actually don't use them for relationship readings. I find the deck very accurate tho, and have had some really great readings with it to date.

Today the Juggler kept coming up and one other something about the chained man or the kidnapped man....which is an odd one I have to say. There is the one face in the upper right corner and she is downright wicked looking. There seems to be a feeling of abuse about that card, like it would mean abuse of almost any kind...still working out the kinks.

I almost always get the most out of using the deck right away rather than card by card study. I did the card by card study with the FO, but I want to approach this one differently. Not saying there is anything wrong with the card by card study, in fact I'm waiting for a thread on the Rox...another puzzle. I have an idea about him....of course....just waiting to see what else he has up his sleeve.

I think this deck has a very deep undercurrent in it. A bit dangerous feeling. I find it interesting to work with and I agree that while I thought I might combine FO and this one, I don't think that is going to work. I think they might work in tandem, but that they have to remain separate.

It is interesting because there are still cards in FO that I sort of feel are not quite fully fleshed out in my system, Honesty being one and Undressing of a Salad being another. I like using both decks. Thinking about them both and what they mean, where one ends and another begins.

Tonight they meet each other face to face. Hmmm.

Chronata

It was like a punch in the gut...

I got these today, and was instantly transported to Faerie...where I haven't actually been able to visit for a while!

And wouldn't you know? they were very insistent, right away, in giving me all these messages that I should have...um...consulted with them sooner.

I like these new Faeries. Some of them seem familiar, and some of them seem even more familiar, even though I haven't actually "seen" them before.

Satori is quite right in that they have a more village-y/urban vibe. Faerie City Folk.
I think it's just that these particular fae are more social than their FO counterparts.

I did the exercises right off, in determining who I liked, and who I didn't trust.

I liked most of them right away. They are all rather talkative. Even the silent ones. They have their own way of speaking, that is rather direct.

Though the Faeries definition of Direct is still a rambling hidden path through riddles of Briars and Ivy.

They told me they wanted to join the rest, and so they have. I have combined both decks, and it was the most natural thing to do.
It's like I could hear them greeting one another in the silvery bag.

This will be a treat. Already they have taken over my senses, and given me a puzzle to try and figure out.
This fairy riddle involves the Magician, and he/she has held up a mirror to me, and I am not sure what it all means...yet.

DragonFae

satori....I suppose I am doing a card by card study...and just throwing myself into readings at the same time...

In other words I do a small reading and then "get to know" the faeries that pop up in that reading on an indivdual basis as well as drawing a daily card.

This group is chatty...and it is interesting for me to read how they present themselves to people here on the forum....some in quite similar ways and some astonishingly different...I try not to read the thread about a particular faery until I have met him or her myself....

Someone mentioned in one of the threads that they find the deck VERY relationship oriented....and while I have read very little of the book itself....I do not find the deck relationship slanted at all....I wonder what it is that pulls people in one direction...while others go another...

Another commented that Jessica's book was much richer...and I do agree the faery lore seemed to come alive in her hands....but at the same time I am finding the bare bones approach of Wendy...to be exactly what I need at this time....I find it liberating....I find that I can reach out and discover faery on my own with just this little bit of prompting. While I was most glad for Jessica's wonderful guidance with the Faeries Oracle...I also felt somewhat bound by it...as if she was the faery expert...and I but just a spectator.....this time around it is I who am the faery expert....left to wander through faery with little more than a compass....