The Heart of Faerie

inanna_tarot

Omg omg omg! The easter bunny delieved my HoF! No eggs on the doorstep, ON A SUNDAY but a parcel that I knew instantly what it was!!

I LOVE the cards, there is so much depth and colour that is just breathtaking.

Ive had a flick through the book and, well, its not like Jess's FO book full of flights of fantasy, but I'm sure it'll be good in its own way when I get a chance to sit and play.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

ETA - ive scanned a pic of the back of the book as i LOVE the deep symbolism in it!

Attachments

• scan00093.jpg
    scan00093.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 195

BlueDragonfly

You get deliveries on Sunday? I'm so glad you finally got the Heart of Faerie... :D

I didn't even see the back of the book cover. I was so enthralled with the content, I never even looked.

Enjoy!

Flaxen

Got the Heart of Faerie today. Love it! Just about to sit down and play...

LadyKathryn

I just got mine over the weekend...and i'm actually having a lot of trouble connecting to them...to understanding their story...or what they are telling me.

but i'm a rather straightforward taurus...and i suppose they talk in riddles. but then again.. i've only used them for my own questions... and i usually can't read for myself.

LK

inanna_tarot

I love my HoF.. ive even had friends round who loved the scans I sent them so much.. just to oogle at the deck and compare it to the FO.

I love love love love it.

hopena

I have to wait another week... the other faeries are keeping me company, in the meantime.

BlueDragonfly

LadyKathryn said:
I just got mine over the weekend...and i'm actually having a lot of trouble connecting to them...to understanding their story...or what they are telling me.

but i'm a rather straightforward taurus...and i suppose they talk in riddles. but then again.. i've only used them for my own questions... and i usually can't read for myself.

LK
The first few times I read with them, they just kind of looked at me as if to say "What do you mean you don't know what I'm here for?" Just spend some time with them, look at the pictures, wait for their message to form in your mind. And if you still are having trouble, consult the book, read the section headers and intros as well as the card meanings.

Echo-v-e

hmm

I was a little hesitant about this deck. I've only had my FO deck for about 6 months, and experience with other people's decks for under a year. To me, this seemed like a way to expand the Froud bank account. I shuffled through them at B&N, and the pictures seemed more like sci-fi/fantasy art than the glimpses into another dimension that FO had shown.

Oddly enough, reading your comments (yes, I went through and read ALL 9 pages! haha), I'm considering purchasing the deck. I'm honestly still going through FO, getting cards I've never seen before, because I learned them in a wonky sort of way, laying them all out to pick least and most favourite, then putting them back together and only doing readings for myself since. I tend to get the same 10-15 cards each time.

I think I'd like to try it differently this time. I'd like to see how they feel about being combined or not, using the decks in conjunction, and doing a compare/contrast of similar-type cards.

The comparison of Lord of the Forest (I believe that was the name?) to an older Himself is particularly important to me. I follow a polytheistic-type religion, and Himself is veryveryVERY much the face of my God energy. The Bright Mother being my goddess energy (Eros and Aphrodite, respectively. anyone else see it?). Just looking at him gives me chills. I cry when he comes up in readings, no matter what the question was. So for him to be relevant in the new deck means quite a lot to me.

inanna_tarot

inanna_tarot said:
Ive had a flick through the book and, well, its not like Jess's FO book full of flights of fantasy, but I'm sure it'll be good in its own way when I get a chance to sit and play.

!

OK had the deck for a week, what do I think?

Well, today I have only just found time to actually start reading the HoF book (I dont think i ever read the FO book, just the first few chapters on how to dance with the faeries etc). And I have to say, I really like Wendy's style. Its not as 'chatty' giving you personal conversations with the fae as Jess MacBeth did (JB), but ya know.. Im ok with that. JB was fab in that you could read the book and not feel like a total luney when you found yourself talking to the faeries to give you back your keys etc... Her approach to the book said ' you'll be as mad as me, but you'll be twice as happy!' and that was funky!

Wendy has a different take, especially in the beginning because here we are directly dealing with the Queens and Consorts of Faery. Now there is a time for dancing and prancing.. and a time for a bit of respect and I think that really shines through. Wendy really has a deep connection to these faeries but in way that is deeply entwined with love, respect and together forming a 'working relationship'.

I'm halfway through the book and I love it, and I'll probably sit and just carry on, reading the words looking at the cards and just absorbing it all.
I think now I'll do a single daily card with the HoF and pop it on my altar each day. That way I think I'll be showing them the sort of respect that they kinda want.

The FO could have the respect, but they were the mucky throw you in the mud sort of fae that didnt like pomp and ceremony. Something about this deck to me does... and thats not a bad thing.

Here we have a different side of Faery.. and I really like that :)

Onyx

Okay . . . Let's just take a moment.

I am a guy who does not lose cards from my decks. I don't misplace them and my slight case of OCD doesn't let me be careless with my decks. So what happened to me this morning was a bit disturbing.

When I first started to work with and study the fae I remember hearing stories of the cards acting up and being playful. I was sceptical. I am very rational, logical in my approach to my decks. But I picked up the Fae to push myself a bit. But what happened today was a bit odd.

I was prepareing for work and looking through some bank statments before leaving and I was shocked to find that one of my Heart of the Faerie cards was in the stack. It shouldn't have been there. It should have been on my desk with all the rest of the cards.

The card almost seemed to jump out and surprise me. It was like saying "Hello, miss me?" So strange and unexplicable that I had to jump online and leave a post. It was just unexpected.

It is clear the Fae are messing with my head.

Onyx