Cat's Eye Tarot

greatdane

:)

First, THANKS Morwenna for letting me know about this thread!

I started a thread about cat decks a few days ago because I was frustrated in the lack of cat decks in a more natural state. I had seen your card samples on AT when I joined, but it said in progress. I didn't know it was finished til it was mentioned again re cat decks on my thread and I checked out your website. KUDOS! This IS the cat deck I want. I love the images, how each suit has one type of cat and I think the settings you put them in are great.

I have asked U. S. Games (just because they were the first one that came to mind and I knew they did do cat decks) to do a more natural cat deck, but didn't have any samples to show them of the type I would like, as I didn't know yours was finished when I emailed them. When I saw it was, I emailed them again and said, like this!

Your deck is too great not to be published and shared. There are too many cat-loving, tarot readers for your deck not to sell very well!

Like Mojo said, it's too beautiful not to be!

Catdoc, if you want this published, I think it's time ATers started emailing ALL the publishers and then you could choose :))) who you would like to publish your incredible deck! I know all the big tarot publishers must care what their audience thinks (I saw an email of mine was forwarded to Stuart Kaplan at U.S. Games, so I'm guessing they're interested in what readers want).

What are your thoughts, Catdoc? I'm sure there are many ATers who want your deck who would be happy to send emails asking publishers for it!

Blessings and may your deck get into our hands soon!

GD

Crescent

So glad to read that this deck is finished! congrats catdoc. Ive been waiting for ages to get my paws on this deck. So looking forward to it being published!

greatdane

Too cute, Crescent!

Loved the part about the "paws"! Glad there seems to be sooo many of us anxious for this special deck. Surely, publishers must take note! Maybe if we speak up for them, ahem, WE WANT CAT'S EYE TAROT!!!!

catdoc

publishing the Cat's Eye Tarot...

greatdane said:
Catdoc, if you want this published, I think it's time ATers started emailing ALL the publishers and then you could choose :))) who you would like to publish your incredible deck! I know all the big tarot publishers must care what their audience thinks (I saw an email of mine was forwarded to Stuart Kaplan at U.S. Games, so I'm guessing they're interested in what readers want).

What are your thoughts, Catdoc? I'm sure there are many ATers who want your deck who would be happy to send emails asking publishers for it!

Blessings and may your deck get into our hands soon!

GD

Thank you Great Dane. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Like you I wanted a "Cat Deck" with realistic cats. Tarot for Cats was my very first deck (given to me by a client). As I became interested in learning more about the tarot I searched for the perfect 78 card deck. I have collected many decks and have most if not all of the cat theme decks available (Tarot of the Cat People and Bohemian Cats are my favorites).

I started working on creating my own "perfect" cat deck 9 years ago. It took longer than I originally anticipated to do all of the painting (I finished the last card this May), but it is now the deck I visualized at the very start.

For me the Tarot is a terrific tool for reflecting on any issue or situation. It allows the querent to gain insight and perspective that may not otherwise be apparent. In my day to day work I get to meet many folks and many cats. We can learn a great deal from our feline companions. They share many of the "lifestyle" issue that we deal with and the complexity of their individual temperaments rivals our own.

I envision my Cat's Eye Tarot as a tool for reaching out to people, both to help them understand cat behavior, but also perhaps to help them understand themselves as well.

Thank you again for your positive attitude and your push to get the deck published.
Deb

greatdane

Then Let's Get THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

For those who want their voices heard re getting CAT'S EYE published, HERE'S
STUART KAPLAN'S email at U.S. Games again skaplan@usgamesinc.com.

Takes a MINUTE to just send an email saying you want this deck! They're already aware of it according to an email I got, I think they just thought it was published already. Let's let them know it'll sell if they publish it!

Oh, and please pass his email along to any other cat lovers you think would love to have this deck.

HERE'S the email for Llewellyn as well. customerservice@llewellyn.com

GD

catdoc

Update - US Games is publishing Cat's Eye Tarot

I just realized I had not updated this thread with my exciting news. The Cat's Eye Tarot has moved from deck in progress into the realm of available soon!

US Games is publishing the deck and it should be available early in 2011.

There are now message threads in Tarot Decks and Spreads forums.

Many thanks to all of you who have followed and encouraged this deck creation for years. I look forward to future conversations within this wonderful tarot community.

Deb

Alta

Deb, this is absolutely wonderful news! I am thrilled for you and for all of us cat lovers who have long admired your deck.

Alta

truelighth

That is great news, Catdoc!!! I am so looking forward to 2011. So many great decks are coming out that year and yours is certainly one of them. I have followed the progress for so long, never thought I would actually be able to hold these cards.. until now.. yah! :D. Again, congratulations!

EarthAngel2911

Deb, that's amazing news!!! Congratulations! And I'm so excited that I'll be able to get a copy. :D

Did you ever think when you started this project on TFL that it would get this far? :)

Glitterbird

Super news!!!