Cat's Eye Tarot

catdoc

reversible backs...

Thanks for the input. Since I am getting out my painting supplies, perhaps I will give a shot at modifying the cat's eye image for the card backs as well. I do want folks to read with this deck. I have done many readings with my "beta version" and I think that it will be a good one to use for a selected group of querants.

WolfSpirit

Yay, I am glad the progress is going well, and that US Games sees what fantastic artwork you created. But yes, the paw of the page of pentacles looks weird...
Debra is right as far as backs are concerned, it matters to some so it may affect sales. I personally don't mind if a card back is reversible or not.

AJ

I'm working with the Paulina this week and every time I fan the cards I admire the subtle simplicity of the card backs.

I vote for reversible only because I have friends here who read with reversals. I don't so will be happy with whatever you come up with.

Attachments

• Paulina Tarot Back 001.jpg
    Paulina Tarot Back 001.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 112

Lady Morgaine

when you get this out to the world I am going to purchase it. The King of Wands looks like my cat! It is as if he posed in all his wisdom and glory. heh!

looking forward to the deck!

catdoc

AJ said:
I'm working with the Paulina this week and every time I fan the cards I admire the subtle simplicity of the card backs.

AJ. thank you for sharing the image of the Paulina card back. I agree it is lovely. I am trying to think of a way to make the cat face gracefully reversible. Just putting two small faces for some reason does not appeal to me.

LavenderLibra

I am patiently waiting for this deck, to make up a gift package. :D
Good luck with your revisions!

Debra

I rather like backs that are clearly different from the fronts, so if the cards fell on the floor, you could tell right away which are face up. To me, the cards seem more special if they're "covered" by a magical back. Your images are simply composed, so the backs could be busier or more simple--either would work.

If your sweet cat face doesn't work for the back, you might consider putting it on one of the extra cards, as a title card. (Most decks have 78 + 2)

Annabelle

Backs are largely irrelevant to me :). Reversible or not, I will still buy this deck. And probably a back up copy. And probably a copy or two to give as gifts. :D

catdoc

Progress !

I have received the printed proofs for the deck, box and booklet. Looking good. There are a few minor edits needed (my last name tends to confuse spell checkers which substitute an e for the i).

It should not be much longer now.

Deb

MoonGypsy

I have received the printed proofs for the deck, box and booklet. Looking good. There are a few minor edits needed (my last name tends to confuse spell checkers which substitute an e for the i).

It should not be much longer now.

Deb

That is wonderful news, Deb! :thumbsup: There is light at the end of the tunnel, and i think i see an orange tabby waving to me! :D

Hugs and Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx