View Single Post
Citizen

Penthasilia 
Maat tarot IDS

Card/Number: Strength/14

Card Image: see attached

First Impression: Don't have a clue as to how it will turn out, meaning-wise, but I do love the look of this card. The colors are so vibrant, the scene almost ecstatic- more like the Thoth version of Strength/Lust, rather than the more washed out RWS version. The man and tiger are working in symphony, two halves of one whole, united in a common cause to bring balance between day and night. Their dance-like movements show the fluidity of their bond.

Card Description: A beautiful black man stands with his back facing the card, arms held high above his head and his right hand grasps the veil of dawn, pulling it into space and pushing back the night. A ring of luminated orbs swirl around him, the orbs coming from the the mouth of a great lioness who is standing beside him. They work together, fluidly, the lioness creating the light, her brother moving it through the sky. The top of the card is split- with the left side showing a beautiful starry night, the face of Nuit sitting above. To the right are the beautiful colors of the breaking dawn. The man and lioness stand side by side, the small suns encircling the man in a figure of 8 as they flow from the mouth of the lioness. On the ground there is water, with an orange cat looking out- the reflection of the man in his true form.

Masculine/Feminine/Neutral: neutral in that it is the perfect balance of male and female

Colors: black, tan, orange, pink, yellow and white

Senses: You hear a soft hum as the orbs circle around the man, the sound increasing with the speed of their movement. You feel the first rays of the sun gently caress your face. You smell and taste the dew in the air, the taste of first morning frost.

Symbols: night/day, man/animal, suns/stars

Story (intuitive): "Ugh", I think to myself, "another interpretation to have to wrap my brain around". I sigh, the card is so lovely- but I have seen so many variants of "Strength", how to work within this one, how to TRULY understand the commonality of all those variants- that seems to be my work for today. I sigh, yes, a hard task- not one to be taken lightly. "Any divine inspiration love?" I call out to my trickster consort. There is no response. Hmpft- where is He??? I hear a slight noise beside me and look over. Ah, well, there you have it. The other consort has come today. And there it is, the arched eyebrow, perfectly framing a brilliant blue eye, a part of the classic sardonic expression that I have come to know so well, belonging to a gorgeous masculine face that is attached to a killer body which today is covered in a nicely tailored, black silk suit- ah, yes, a Dior.

"Not a surprise", I think to myself with a snort. "You are picking up his bad habits." he replies, this intoned in a laconic drawl- think Alan Rickman, but without the nasal quality, and you should have it about right. "Well, hello darling!" my greeting may be a tad sarcastic. He just looks at me, sitting there with his well put-together self- hell, even his hair is perfect! I get an indescribable urge to reach over an mess it up with my hands. The eyebrow creeps up further, ah yes- he knows what I am thinking, giving me that Don't Even Think About It look. I arch my eyebrow in return, but it doesn't have the same effect- I lack the suaveness, and the eyepatch, to really pull it off as well as he does. So, I reach over and mess up his hair- grinning wildly! He sighs- yes, it is that long suffering sigh, poor baby- and rakes his hand through his hair, somehow looking even better now than before- damn him. I grumble, he chuckles. I slowly start to smile- I can't stay irritated for too long, he is my consort after all, even though he is a pain in the ass- similar to another consort that I know, my trickster. He sits back, gracefully crossing one leg over the other, the predator lion in a Dior silk suit----yummy. The glint in my eye is returned, the eyebrow lowers, the lips quirk in a Bruce Willis style grin.

He is very different from my other consort, the two of them opposites even though they are blood brothers. The Trickster and the Mage, the prankster and the serious one, the talker and the quiet one- but they both hold my heart and I cannot imagine life without either one of them. And that is when it hits me- the true meaning of the card. Diametric opposites that alone are powerful, but even more so when combined, the pieces less than the sum of their parts- yin and yang together as Tao. Summing it up---the equation of 2+2=5. That is the real meaning, that is the real mystery- shown so beautifully by the dichotomy of my two loves, the polar opposite brothers that are actually two sides of a whole. "You know, it is very annoying that you can do that without barely speaking"- I inform him, trying to act irritated- but failing miserably. "No dear," he responds softly, the soft smile playing on his lips, "I don't speak too little, it is that your other consort just never shuts up." I laugh joyously. This, this is the lust/joy that Crowley felt, this is the trust that artists have drawn, this is the art of being.

Astrologic: Full moon cycle of Gemini. The last lunar cycle before winter solstice. Planetary ruler: Jupiter

Element: ether

Keywords: surrender, faith, balance of opposites

Meanings: inner strength, lust for life/passion, a strong union of opposites meeting to create change

Quote: "I think." (from the Maat book), I personally feel it would be "2+2=5"
Attached Images

Top   #5