View Single Post
Citizen

tarotlyn 

aurarcana, I am soooo sorry, I didn't see your post at the time you posted it,
but only saw it tonight...long after (now it is xmas time 2011 )

I will comment on your question anyway, even though it might be too late for anything you
are doing right now.

I think that glue applied to the edges and then wiped off would probably NOT be a good idea
because the glue would probably end up having like a rubbery feeling to it once dried and
would probably cause a 'drag' (or resistance) when shuffling the cards against one another.
I really think that the gilting with the metallic ink as I talked about in previous posts is a
better way to seal the edges. It really works perfectly and it looks great as well! It might
be a little more work applying than just plain glue because of trying to get the gilting on evenly...
...but it is so worth it when you are done!

I have been using my gilted cards a lot since I posted that information, and without any problem at all.
Yes, the gilted metallic ink is the way to go...at least in my experience with it.

Again, sorry for the delay in answering your post.
HUGS
tarotlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana View Post
tarotlyn, this is the thread on gilt edging. I'm one of the people that does it often : an experiment at gilt edging.

I'm going to add gilt edges to the first deck I laminate. I didn't think about that being a good sealant! Great idea .

I'm only going to be laminating decks for personal use and I liked the small size of the 5" Xyron, but I can see how the 9" would save me money when it comes to larger rolls of laminate. So far, I only have 2 decks I want and will laminate (so far): my Book of Kaos and my Tarot Nusantara. I have a back-up of the Tarot Nusantara, but not the Kaos. Yes, I'll be laminating the actual decks, both of which are too thin for use.

I'd love to see if there is some kind of bonding agent, like a glue, that I can apply to the edges after I laminate the cards, perhaps with a small paint brush, to further seal the edges. Do you think that would be going overboard? Based on your feedback (which is again, much appreciated ), it seems like the corners are the only major issue with cold lamination, and only after extensive use.
Top   #108