Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Glass Owl

I just finished writing key words and affirmations on my new Bach Flowers deck (Lo Scarabeo, Canapini-Castelli). I like the result and am excited about using an oracle that crosses two of my pet hobbies--cartomancy and flower essences.
Do you remember what type of marker you used? Did you put anything on top of the writing to "seal" it? I'm looking into the various markers that I can use on my Inspirational Decks - I want to put quotes on them and I'm thinking that the writing will probably end up close to yours. I'm afraid of using marker that is too thick or too thin. Plus, I don't want it to smear.

One deck I'd love to write on is the Prediction. Those pips are so dreadfully boring - if only I knew what to write on them.

Carla

Do you remember what type of marker you used? Did you put anything on top of the writing to "seal" it? I'm looking into the various markers that I can use on my Inspirational Decks - I want to put quotes on them and I'm thinking that the writing will probably end up close to yours. I'm afraid of using marker that is too thick or too thin. Plus, I don't want it to smear.

One deck I'd love to write on is the Prediction. Those pips are so dreadfully boring - if only I knew what to write on them.

I used a pen called 'Write-4-All', and it dried instantly and hasn't smeared at all. Try your pen on one of the spare cards that comes with the deck. I've also successfully used a Sharpie to write on cards. :)

AJ

I used sharpies (fine) to vent my spleen on the Place Saints deck.
I think it depends on the cardstock and finish. I tried all the different things I've used primping on a card from a freebie deck first to see if it was completely inappropriate.

Carla

I like the look of that deck, never seen it before. Would you like to trade? :)

I'm not sure what I would write on them. The cards don't seem to welcome writing, to me. Have you considered key words? What do you use the deck for? Readings, meditation, etc?

Carla

Should I write on my jumbo Haindl??????

I have a little super-shiny US Games Haindl that I trimmed and wrote key words and such on with a sharpie. Then I traded for a gorgeous Jumbo Haindl. I love the cardstock, it's beautiful, and huge. Even after I took the borders off it.

Question is, should I write on the jumbo Haindl? I never hesitate to write on cards...but should I write on THIS deck? Ooooh! *biting lip* I really want to. But don't want to regret it later. What to do, what to do!

Le Fanu

If in doubt, NO (that's my hunch)...

Hemera

Question is, should I write on the jumbo Haindl? I never hesitate to write on cards...but should I write on THIS deck? Ooooh! *biting lip* I really want to. But don't want to regret it later. What to do, what to do!
Why don´t you take a few good quality color copies of a few of the cards, write on them and then you´ll know.

I have done that a few times and it works well. I wasn´t sure if I wanted to trim my Fifth Tarot so I took high quality copies of a few of them (-at work, after everyone else had left }) ) and I trimmed the printouts. They turned out really nice and so I ended up trimming the whole deck. (I still don´t use that deck much but that´s another story..)

Carla

If in doubt, NO (that's my hunch)...

I think you're probably right, Leffie. It's very tempting, though! I shall put it out of my mind for now, though!

Bat Chicken

Mary El Trimmed

Finally I got it done! The Mary El is trimmed... All borders removed and corners rounded....

Attachments

• maryel.jpg
    maryel.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,058