View Single Post
Citizen

Seed Crystal 
1 Magician

Infinite tools including the 4 elements, produce bread and drink, candles, flowers, drums, amulet, diagrams and maybe math, and last but not least his own body and focus and action. But in all his doing, in his collection of tools, he has withdrawn from the natural world even as he uses some of it... He dances in a carefully constructed circle, not on the earth, and his diagrams may be walls as well as tools. Everything else about him - his tan, his obvious physical condition, say he IS connected to the natural world but he is working metaphysics at this moment. He uses essences and metaphors and shifts of perception - the craft of ceremonial magic.

He holds fire and air, he's more in touch with them than water and earth. I much prefer that and the energy of this card to that of the R-W, which always seemed oddly static and tidy and passive. This Magician is definitely a do-er, not just a static conduit.

I am not a Voodoo practitioner but I understand through estatic dance and trance, the gods or spirits of the dead "ride" the participants... Will he be ridden? Or are we in that hut too? spoonbender and elf, thanks for your research. The male/female polarity thing, gatekeeps and elements are all principles big with ceremonial magic and various systems derived from or influenced by it (for example, Wicca, in SOME interpretations).
Top   #13