One Deck Wonder Resurrected

AmberFox

How's everybody doing?

Hi every one!! :D

How's everybody doing? I am still so happy using my Tarot of Vampyres and Oracle of Shadows and Light.... and so far so good. I have a forever growing wish list on my amazon acount lol as when people talk about decks I don't know about and then I look them up and fall in love with them...but our financial situation wont let me buy these yet...that also means it's easier to stock to the decks of my choice for ODW.... I have been tempted to get my other decks out and wanting to read with them as this exercise alone has put fire under my love for tarot again....but I am being a good girl LOL.
I might get them out to do a video of my collection on my youtube but that will be it I think.

Anyways this is just me chatting a bit about my so far awesome experience on the ODW path that I am walking and I want to know how you lovely people are doing...

Lets have fun :D

BB AmberFox

Chiriku

Hallowquest/Arthurian

Thanks for the update, AmberFox.

I made the right choice with my ODW, choosing a deck that left me wanting more even after 3 consecutive weeks last year of choosing it for my Deck of the Week. I was immediately pulled back into its vibe and interested in joining the world depicted on the cards.

I also made the right choice in phrasing my rules for ODW-- "if I feel like it." This week, I "felt like" reading further in one of the companion books and even going so far as to audio record a meditation on the Major Arcana for playback at a later time.

Of course it also helps that I was procrastinating a much less appealing task.

There is a great deal of information and correspondences here; it is a perfectly encapsulated, internally consistent spiritual, mythological and divination system. The Matthewses excel at such systems; Caitlin's Celtic Book of the Dead with its elaborate history- and myth- based structure is the only oracle I am truly fond of, and her Celtic Wisdom Tarot would have been a favorite if I'd ever buckled down and delved deep into the accompanying text and myths.

I've enjoyed many of their other books and contributions. It would be a pleasure to meet and talk with them, perhaps the next time I visit the UK.

Eyebright

I would like to join the group!

I have not been around much at all since Christmas, but before Christmas I was already planning on working exclusively with one deck in the new year. Even though I haven't been posting on AT I have only been reading with my Lo Scarabeo Tarot, though I haven't done a huge amount of readings in the last couple of months.
This was the first deck I bought when I came back to tarot having dabbled with it as a young teenager. I love the artwork, the beautiful watercolour paintings for each card, and I enjoy trying to figure out which bits of the cards come from which strand of tarot as the deck incorporates RWS, Thoth and Marseilles imagery.

I still need to fine tune my "rules" for participating and how I want to structure things, so I will pop back when I have fine tuned the details.

Looking forward to working with everyone :)

Anna

Going well here!

I felt quite inspired by the whole project to get back into reading for other people. I offered some readings on my facebook page, and now I'm working through a list of readings from there! I also felt inspired to redo my website and get my blog up and running.

Last night I took the deck to a party I was going to. It was only for a few family and friends, but it was good to get to the cards out and do some face to face readings with it.

Haven't had a lot of time this week to do my daily draws or contribute to the study group, but I am hoping to do some more of that over this week coming.

Disa

Glad to see you, Eyebright :)

Going well here. The daily draws have now become a habit and something I look forward to each day. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. I think I'm learning a lot from them. It's a great thing to do just when I'm waking up and having coffee- sets the tone for the day. I'm trying to add to the study group but there is so much that's already been done. I see some threads barely have one post, though- and low and behold I found a card that no one had started a thread on before, so I started one, albeit a very small post. This has always been the deck I connected with best, but I had never put in the time to really get to know it. I love this deck even more now than when I started.

I'm having a hard time NOT looking at the deck of the bastard thread. I looked at it when it first started and I really wanted that deck, but I haven't looked at it since. My deck buying habits started waning after the IDS all those years ago. I've probably bought less than 5 decks per year for a few years.

Anyway- good luck keeping with it everyone. It's really a very rewarding experience. I'm thinking next go round I do New Orleans Voodoo deck :) but that's months away I'm guessing...maybe next year.

Tarot Orat

I'm just starting to notice the cards in one deck on one day really talking to the cards in the other deck the next day; they've been harmonizing all along but now they're really interacting, which is very cool. I've kept up on the daily draws and the personal journaling although it's been a bit of a challenge to get time to post in the daily draws thread every day; well, work's been insane, as my cards have been reminding me all week!

I'm not having any trouble sticking to my decks, they're both so unique in their own way that there's a lot to study and learn without being tempted by anything else. Every time I draw one of the unique Minchie cards it is a bit like having a new deck..."Libra? Never seen that before, let's figure it out!"

I'm glad to see so many others enjoying the experience and new faces joining in on the journey! :)

Miss Divine

Also still doing fine with the Vampyres. However, I've had to do alot of readings and ofcourse I used this deck only, and I have to admit it can be quite intense and overwhelming. I say overwhelming because the cards are busy with intense colors, and with alot of Thoth influences. I've mostly only used RWS type decks, so this has taken me out of my comfort zone a bit.
I have moments I long for one of my simple imagery, light colored decks... I think I'm just a little exhausted from reading so much to be honest. Maybe I need to grab one of my oracles to lighten the load a bit.

Carla

Thoth

Doing well with the Thoth, it's given me some great readings for clients and I'm enjoying blogging with it and slogging around in the DuQuette books (Understanding Thoth and Chicken Qabalah). I've even read a biography of Crowley (A Magick Life)...let's just say, I'm not as fond of him as I am interested in the deck!

missy

As a happy deck hopper and commitment-phobe, I am in with the following:

1. The Hobbit Tarot.
2. For as long as I feel like it.
3. I may study this deck simultaneously in Deck of the Week.
4. I will be reading the book, "The Hobbit" along with the LWB to get acquainted with the deck; readings to progress at no particular schedule.
5. I will do Daily Draws and/or spreads as I feel like it.
6. Would like to include one oracle: have not picked which one.

This looks like fun! :)

hopena

Glad to see you, Eyebright :)

Going well here. The daily draws have now become a habit and something I look forward to each day. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. I think I'm learning a lot from them. It's a great thing to do just when I'm waking up and having coffee- sets the tone for the day. I'm trying to add to the study group but there is so much that's already been done. I see some threads barely have one post, though- and low and behold I found a card that no one had started a thread on before, so I started one, albeit a very small post. This has always been the deck I connected with best, but I had never put in the time to really get to know it. I love this deck even more now than when I started.

I'm having a hard time NOT looking at the deck of the bastard thread. I looked at it when it first started and I really wanted that deck, but I haven't looked at it since. My deck buying habits started waning after the IDS all those years ago. I've probably bought less than 5 decks per year for a few years.

Anyway- good luck keeping with it everyone. It's really a very rewarding experience. I'm thinking next go round I do New Orleans Voodoo deck :) but that's months away I'm guessing...maybe next year.

I'm having a problem with my daily draws in that they aren't pointing out anything new - they're just confirming things that I already know (which I know is supposed to be a good sign - I guess I need to ask more than, "What do I need to know?") I'm not used to doing spreads with this deck anymore, because I usually handle it differently due to its size.

You want to hear something weird? I don't own the New Orleans Voodoo deck, but it's been on my mind for weeks. I was watching The Crucible, last night, and thinking about it again. I've wanted something new to sink my teeth into, and have a birthday coming up in a couple of months. It was either going to be that deck, or the Wild Unknown, that I was going to ask for.