Spread suggestions

jm7211

I have a New Orleans Voodoo Tarot deck which I purchased years ago. I used it a few times and then I started moving around. It got packed away and forgotten for a while. I didn't use it much because I had someone who read for me and I felt very connected to them. Now, however, I find myself at a point in my life where everything seems to be hopeless and I feel really lost. I have felt this sort of dispair for a while and I have been unable to get readings from my regular because I have no money (part of this lost feeling, I guess). Then something made me want to look for the cards again. So anyway, I was able to find the cards and they were still wrapped in a cloth but I am unable to find the book. From the looks of the forum, it seems that everyone has done a wonderful job discussing the cards and I will be able to look here for some guidance with the meaning of the cards. So here is my question, finally, can anyone recommend any spreads and what the position of each card represents, since I can't follow the suggestions in the book anymore? I am not asking a specific question. I guess I am looking to assess my situation, see what is to come, what to do next. Essentially to see if there is any hope coming or where to find it.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of how to "reconnect" with the cards, since I have been away from them for so long?

Thanks so much!

RunningWild

Hi jm7211 and Welcome to Aeclectic!

You might try looking at the Tarot Spreads area on the forum. You can do a search for the type of spread you're looking for.

ETA: I am not sure what the forum rules are on reproducing spreads recommended from the companion books. If the moderators indicate that it's ok (with proper credit given to the author) then I might go ahead and do that for you here. If not, then you may have to make do with what you can find in the other section.

jm7211

Thank you.

I understand if you are unable to reproduce the book word for word. I was just wondering if anyone had any good experiences with a specific spread and the NOVT, for a basic outlook and not to answer a specific question and if they could recommend anything.

Do you feel as though any spreads are better for this specific deck and my situation?

Water Pixie

I normally do a three card spread, a cross spread (not celtic, but the one in the book i think) and a few other random spreads I have found on the internet. This deck is pretty versatile. The only think is that some of the cards aren't all that much based upon RW deck meanings. Some are, but again this can be loose. I find that drawing a card daily as a tone-setter for the day helped me understand some of the cards.