View Single Post
Citizen

Ronia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
The Moon is not particularly watery or emotional in the tradition, that's a modern view. The Moon is exalted in Taurus, an Earth sign and Cancer is associated with the sea shore. Yes the Moon is traditionally moist but it ain't dripping wet Emotions can very across the planetary range, for example anger is martian,and sexual desire is venal. The Moon is not so much emotional as instinctual - she shows your instinctive, reactions or impulses. The Cancerian qualities you don't like, I guess are those that modern writers have imposed on it.
No, thes eare Cancerian qualities I've experienced personally in my interactions with heavily Cancerian people (not only Sun in Cancer). Not to mention that I'm raising a double water person with Cancerian Ascendant and not only. Ouch. I do respect your description of the Moon here but I stand by what I said about Cancerian over emotionality and weaping tendencies.

Quote:
I said in an earlier post that my instinctive reaction was often to reject - a Saturn/Moon combination, though in my case there is an opposition between them, whereas you have an applying conjunction and Moon in dignity.
May be that's why I don't reject as in instictive reaction. I'd rather accept although carefully.

Quote:
On Saturn in the eighth and in Detriment - Yes your Saturn is in the eighth by whole sign houses (and even in a quadrant system, whilst it might be in the seventh its influence is diminished by not being in the sign of the Descendant) The Moon however is in the Seventh and is ruler of the Descendant in both measures, it's applying to a conjunction with Saturn and the Moon's natural function is to include or gather in. Saturn has links, it links with Sun, it links with Moon, it links with Mercury and it links with Jupiter and it links with the Lot of Fortune. It might not be best placed to steer but it has possible lines of support, or to put it mildly it has connections (whether those connections work is another matter).
How do we know if it works or not? I mean, the ancients should have had some tools to give the querent some practical knowledge, no?

Quote:
Saturn is in sect, which is likely to make it a bit more reliable, It does have some essential dignity, it's in it's own decan and (for the Hellenistic and even Medieval Astrologers) it's one of the Trigon Lords of it's sign. The number scoring is a medieval introduction but on that basis, Saturn would score -1, in essential dignity - the wrong side of the line but only just.
I'm not sure I get this last part.

Quote:
Turning to the Sun on the other hand is far more general, it encompasses the 'whole' you - your will and is a sense your capacity to be yourself.
Isn't that vital? In my point of view, if the ability to be ourselves is weak to absent, there is no fortune that will help... May be I'm wrong but to me the drive is the Sun. The source of energy. The coal in the engine or the gas. Without it, no engine would work. By the way, I do act as this Sun in this sign, I do not act as Mars in Cancer. May be due to the trine betweent hem, I'm not sure about it.
Top   #67