View Single Post
Citizen

Ronia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
That's interesting. I've been married to a double water sign (Cancer Ascendant/Pisces Moon) for 36 years and over emotionality and weeping tendencies is not a strong tenedency with her.
I actually meant a Sun and Ascendant in water signs, one of which Cancer + more personal planets in Cancer. I agree with what you wrote about your wife because I am myself well aware of a person with Capricorn Sun, watery Ascendant and most of the personal planets in Cancer but he doesnít fit my observations. However, a person with Cancer Ascendant, water Sun and a stellium in Cancer is another story. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
I think we would know that from an examination of events in the native's life and how they react and deal (or not deal) with them. I'm not sure Hellenistic Astrologers hung out signs offering counselling services but at a modern level that is one of the roles that the Astrologer takes.
OK, Iíll wait for that part.

Quote:
I'm not quite sure where the last part begins
Iím not sure either anymore. I just got utterly confused. Iíve re-read the thread three times and itís too much info, I guess. Iíll try again. And I just read your writings on Porphyry and this was the last drop. LOL

Quote:
I think there's a difference between 'vital' and 'drive'. The Sun is certainly necessary for life and I would say it is the engine, though the fuel level is indeed important and positively correlated with vital signs. However if the engine is not connected to the works (no drive shaft or no propeller shaft) then the engine's power is not transmitted to what ever it's meant to drive. Mars is the drive shaft or drive mechanism which translates the engine's power into action. I'm not trying to downgrade the Sun here. If the motor is weak or dead, no matter how wonderful the drive mechanism is, nothing will happen, whereas a strong engine may still produce some action, even with a weak driveshaft. Or if you like the energy of the Sun needs to be able to translate into action and Mars is the planet that's supposed to do that.
OK but what if the works is not in best condition? My Mars is definitely not the works Iíd choose for my car. Yet, seems the car has been going, especially in sports, quite nicely.
Quote:
Edited to add:

You have a very strong connection between Sun and Mars, a trine to within 2 degrees. In this case, having done a little more reading around, it looks like the Sun would dominate as Mars 'crashes' into the Sun's (astrological) rays. The trine is a good working link between engine and drive shaft, and actually they might works so well together that you see them as one unit. That's just a thought but it might explain why you tend not to notice Mars in action.
May be thatís it, yes. Thatís why I kept asking about the trine between them. Because Mars doesnít look very well where he is. On the other hand, why is he not playing in transits more significantly? Transits give him the chance as he moves through different houses? There is something Iím missing with him and Iím just thinking, this is not for this thread, I guess though.
Top   #74