View Single Post
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronia View Post
I actually meant a Sun and Ascendant in water signs, one of which Cancer + more personal planets in Cancer. I agree with what you wrote about your wife because I am myself well aware of a person with Capricorn Sun, watery Ascendant and most of the personal planets in Cancer but he doesnít fit my observations. However, a person with Cancer Ascendant, water Sun and a stellium in Cancer is another story. Sorry for the confusion.
That actually struck my mind a bit after I'd posted. The traditional method of assesing the Sun in the Temperament calculation is by season and the Sun in Cancer is a Summer Sun, and therefore Choleric, rather than the Phlegmatic of a Winter Sun. Add in Mars and posibly Venus or Jupiter and you would raise the 'emotional' temperature (or indeed a Cancer Ascendant together with Mars and a Summer sign such as Leo or Virgo for the Sun might work, depending on which planets were in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronia
Iím not sure either anymore. I just got utterly confused. Iíve re-read the thread three times and itís too much info, I guess. Iíll try again. And I just read your writings on Porphyry and this was the last drop. LOL
Well I'm trying to make sense of the material the only way I know, by casting charts and seeing what the outcome is. That's why your feedback on your own experience is so useful. One of the problems I face though is not only trying to get a clears view of the material and if you read it you'd realise that it's often as clear as mud - partly because of their style of writing and partly because it's fragmentary, but also that if I apply some of the methods without some explanation it becomes even more weird and there's no context to make any comprehensible judgement. So thank you for at least trying to follow the thread and reporting back on your views/issues but it isn't completely necessary that you fully understand it (to say the least) and I freely admit that it's taking me several readings of the material to make progress and get some glimmers.

Perhaps I started the thread to early, but at the time I didn't realise where the 'holes' lay in my understanding and how deep they were. So the thread has actually helped me a lot to identify the issues but trying to apply the material to the charts. I think after I've finished the five people in the line (assuming they want to carry on) I'll take a break and do a lot more reading on the gaps. Then return and try some of the latter stuff again.

Quote:
OK but what if the works is not in best condition? My Mars is definitely not the works Iíd choose for my car. Yet, seems the car has been going, especially in sports, quite nicely.
I'm not sure your Mars is out of condition but a sports car is not always the best form of transport LOL.

Quote:
May be thatís it, yes. Thatís why I kept asking about the trine between them. Because Mars doesnít look very well where he is. On the other hand, why is he not playing in transits more significantly? Transits give him the chance as he moves through different houses? There is something Iím missing with him and Iím just thinking, this is not for this thread, I guess though.
Well you assume that Transits are the starting point and as I said early for the Hellenistic Astrologers they were the last port of call] Now it may well be that Mars as an explanatroy variable doesn't work well with your life and that would cast doubts on the validity of either the Hellenistic Approach, or my understanding of it or indeed both. That may take some time to resolve, as I'm sure I'm going to have to revisit the results from these five charts and then do some futher reading before drawing prelimiary conclusions,
Top   #75