View Single Post
Citizen

kalliope 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
Venus is the last of the nocturnal planets to b examined She is placed in Sagittarius, with the Sun and is under the beams and not configured to the Ascendant. As Venus is the benefic of sect, this is not a particularly good start. So in terms of 'Fitness' she is in a Succedent sign (Sagittarius will be the next sign to ascend, and is the second 'house' of the chart. Being under the beams she is not classified as 'Rising' but is Direct. Her zodiacal placement is being in an 'Alien Place' as she is not in any dignities of her own or in the dignities of a sectmate. It seems that being in an alien place may restrict her influence to the house that she is in. This looks like being below average in terms of Fitness.

In terms of Energy, Venus just makes it into the first house of a quadrant system and thus qualifies as being goaded. But she makes no phase change relative to the Sun in the 14 days surrounding the birth and is in a 'Foreign Trigon', so I'd see this as a somewhat average

In terms of Completion, she is In the opposite sign to the Lot of Fortune and so occupies a Pivotal or Angular place. But she is separated from the Moon (no aspect involved and is in a mutable or bicorporeal sign, which have the least staying power. So here she is below average again.
Not much to say about Venus except to lament the poor state of my in-sect benefic! Is she the planet in the worst shape yet? I'm used to thinking about my Venus in more modern terms of being freedom-loving in Sagitarrius, a bit out of control due to the square from Jupiter, and lacking in discernment because of the close conjunction with Neptune. It's interesting to switch gears to say that she's not going to be able to express herself or perform her functions well. In her case that means "reconciling and unifying" and also handling the affairs of the 7th and 12th houses, right?

Quote:
The Sun is the Out of Sect Light. Whilst it is not in the rising sign, it would be in the first house of a quadrant chart and therefore there may be some argument that it should be the Sect Light. I've taken the Moon at the moment because it is nearer an angle but having set, the issue becomes a little debatable in the light of my most recent reading.

The Sun's Fitness rating is that it is in a Succedent House, and in the place of a sectmate. For Energy it is goaded and is in it's own Trigon (Fire). For Completeness it too is Angular relative to Fortune but is in a bicorporeal sign and makes no aspect to the Moon by degree (it's separated from the Moon) That seems to be that it's strong in the first two categories but below average in the last.

The Sun's configurations are the same as for Venus, though in the case of the square to Jupiter it is outside the 3 degree orb for aspects by degree and so being eariler in the zodiac will dominate Jupiter (Left sided square).
My main question about the Sun I put in my last post, regarding the Sect Light issue.

Quote:
Saturn is the out of sect malefic and is placed in Cancer in the ninth House.

Fitness: In a Cadent or Declining House, Is Rising but Retrograde and in the Place of a Sectmate (the exaltation of Jupiter). Not quite a very high score but the Retrograde status is something to note. It might lead to 'stumbling'
So you're saying that aside from the Retrograde, Saturn is considered to be not so badly placed with regard to Fitness? That's surprising to me! Does its debility in Cancer not count for much, or at least much less than the boon of being in the Place of a Sectmate? How it is "rising?" -- is it in relation to the Lot of Fortune in the 8th? (So position relative to Fortuna isn't only for Completion?)

Quote:
but it is worth noticing that the Trines from Venus and Jupiter fall either side of Saturn, so it is bonafied by being 'surrounded' by benefics.
Well, at least there's that...
Top   #80