View Single Post
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronia
The ruler of the Lot of Fortune is Venus an she's not afflicted if I remember correctly? The part about the good fortune abroad sings true to me.
Yes I'd take it that way too.

Quote:
Hm... Loss of livelihood due to old people is only partially right, actually only on two occasions only because my bosses were older. For the sake of land or inheritance means to me to leave a job to live on inheritance or to deal with an own estate or similar, nothing like this has happened. However, I'd definitely prefer to have money and an own business, so if I had the chance I'd leave a job to pursue this. Dead or worthless people can not make me leave a job.
For what it's worth, my understanding there was that in the reference to death, etc there was an issue over something left (inheritance) by a deceased person which underlay an argument, presumably about who gets what.

It doesn't have to apply as I often feel that two or more things are run together in these statements and possibly only one is relevant - a sort of example chain.

Quote:
I have no idea about this one and how it affects me.
That is something I intended for the next post

If we take Mars and Mercury by their general meanings, this has played out a big deal. Mars for sports and Mercury for communicaton.

Which probably explains why I was involved not in a pure sport but in an art including physical excellence.

Quote:
Me neither. Mediocre doesn't sound very flattering. LOL
It simply means average or middling - though it does now have a flavour of below average, it's not what the word is derived from.

[qoute-Ronia]
This sounds true considering PR as a training in learned speech (communications) and, yes, I'm not very fortunate in relations with authorities which I've always taken as a result of the Sun/Saturn square. On the other hand, there are always other authorities willing to help. They just kind of come and go quickly which doesn't allow for a long-term success. They feel threatened, I know that. My ambition is not liked generally.[/quote]

It's odd how society still sees ambition as a good quality in men but not a desirable one for women.

Quote:
I don't have brothers or sisters and, as you already know, my relatives (all of them) are a bunch of very worthless people with whom I've cancelled any relations long time ago but not soon enough. They were just harmful to me, there is no other term to describe it.
I think, the term 'brothers' here most likely covers 'family', starting from siblings and moving into cousins, and possibly aunts/uncles but not parents or grand parents

Quote:
My inheritance was spent by my relatives as I was too young to have any chance to do anything with it. As about my son... From an ancient point of view, I definitely had him late. I do not think focusing on future accidents is worthy though. I prefer to not do so.
Yes I agree you had your son late from an 'ancients' point of view but remember for them, that would significantly increase the risk to your health and indeed might increase the risk to his, especially at birth or in the early years. As it happens you have lived in countries with reasonably good health care, where that risk is minimised. My mother was about your current age when she had me. As I said in a previous post, in another country or another age, I might not have survived childbirth. So such statements, whilst stark, reflect the nature of the times in which they were made. I would not take it as being a serious prediction in your circumstances

Quote:
Mars is square Jupiter though. Who will prevail? Saturn with the trine or Mars with the square?
Squares were seen as stronger than trines, so Mars is likely to have the greater effect. The trine from Saturn will mitigate but not as much as say a trine from Venus.

Quote:
Thankfully, my body is in a good shape and not deformed. Yet. Loss of position is again true, it happens periodically, not a permanent condition.
Again I take the original to be a 'compound' statement which should really contain the phrases 'such as' or 'examples might be'. A modern writer would do that, the Hellenistic Astrologers did not but it comes down to how these were perceived by people at the time. If the actually meant it to be a concatenation then it's a silly statement.

Quote:
But Saturn sextiles my Mercury... What square is this about? On top of that, I'm absolutely sure my place and my happiness is abroad, I've never felt at home in my birth city and have always found my luck away.
Yes it does, not sure how that one got through on the matter of exile, I did try to explain how the Classical world saw it, and why it carried negative connotations to them. There are examples of statements which do say that someone will do well in 'exile' but generally the native tend to need some good resources to start with. As we live in a different world now, it's either something to ignore or we have to rethink what is meant by being in 'exile'

Quote:
Ups and downs is true. Brothers and sisters I don't have. Problems with children is something I believe happens to every parent and especially in our times today when I see children who are way ahead of their parents in terms of thinking. IMHO. On the other hand, one thing I know I do well (because I know what it means to not be done well) is being a mother of my son and overall we have much fewer quarrels than my friends have with their children. Astrology also helped me a lot because I knew much about my son when I saw his chart and was forewarned thus forearmed. I do know he's not going to be easy and I accept it. As about the 12th house, I take this as not referring to me...
Yes the 12th house qualification puts a different complexion on the matter, as your twelfth is not involved. It seems that the authors make use of several texts that are taken as 'authoritative' but these are not always quoted in the same way. Most of these texts are no longer in existence, so we don't know what they actually said and therefore whether they are being quoted correctly. Some reconstruction can be done by comparative analysis and using two similar but not identical compilations suggests that what one says likely to be the case, is in doubt because of the second version which contains an added qualifying sentence. As I don't know what the original version was, I included both and will go from your feelings.

Quote:
So, it looks like neither the best placement nor the worse, 50/50 which basically equals zero... Debt is not my thing but poverty has been threatening me for a long time. However, I usually get the resources of someone else (8th house).
It looks likely to be somewhere between the two extremes, which is bad news if you're a pessimist but good news if you're an optimist. Given your previous posts, I'd say it points to the issue of poverty being something that could be a real threat but that a disaster is not really on the cards. In that sense it describes your experiences and therefore is not equal to zero.

Thanks for your responses there. The impression I got from those statements is of a highly intellingent and able person who is proably too successful at her job not to pick up enemies and envious people. The question for me was really how much that translated into your experiences.

The family issues I left in because of your posts relating to the problems you have had with relatives. That seemed to fit, given that the term 'brothers' could probably be taken in a wider family context.
Top   #92