View Single Post
Citizen

Ronia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
For what it's worth, my understanding there was that in the reference to death, etc there was an issue over something left (inheritance) by a deceased person which underlay an argument, presumably about who gets what.
As usual, when an inheritance is coming, all relatives become quite anxious. LOL So, there were debates but I wasn’t involved due to my early age. Nor did I see anything from this inheritance.

Quote:
It's odd how society still sees ambition as a good quality in men but not a desirable one for women.
Some things never change.
Quote:
I think, the term 'brothers' here most likely covers 'family', starting from siblings and moving into cousins, and possibly aunts/uncles but not parents or grand parents
My biggest issues have been with a parent, only after that come the issues with the rest of the relatives.

Quote:
Yes I agree you had your son late from an 'ancients' point of view but remember for them, that would significantly increase the risk to your health and indeed might increase the risk to his, especially at birth or in the early years.
True. I was referring to the prediction about being in grief related to future accidents. Such statements I let pass by my ears. 

Quote:
Squares were seen as stronger than trines, so Mars is likely to have the greater effect. The trine from Saturn will mitigate but not as much as say a trine from Venus.
OK. Since in a whole sign house chart Jupiter is angular in the fourth and is earlier in the chart, I hope he will be able to deal with Mars. LOL

Quote:
Yes it does, not sure how that one got through on the matter of exile, I did try to explain how the Classical world saw it, and why it carried negative connotations to them. There are examples of statements which do say that someone will do well in 'exile' but generally the native tend to need some good resources to start with. As we live in a different world now, it's either something to ignore or we have to rethink what is meant by being in 'exile'
It’s interesting that even in their times their most proclaimed warriors, kings, etc. were almost constantly abroad, even building new empires in foreign lands and leaving there for good… May be “exile” was seen as against the will of the person? Like being forced to leave the village/city as a punishment?
Quote:
Yes the 12th house qualification puts a different complexion on the matter, as your twelfth is not involved. It seems that the authors make use of several texts that are taken as 'authoritative' but these are not always quoted in the same way. Most of these texts are no longer in existence, so we don't know what they actually said and therefore whether they are being quoted correctly. Some reconstruction can be done by comparative analysis and using two similar but not identical compilations suggests that what one says likely to be the case, is in doubt because of the second version which contains an added qualifying sentence. As I don't know what the original version was, I included both and will go from your feelings.
Clear as mud.

Quote:
It looks likely to be somewhere between the two extremes, which is bad news if you're a pessimist but good news if you're an optimist. Given your previous posts, I'd say it points to the issue of poverty being something that could be a real threat but that a disaster is not really on the cards. In that sense it describes your experiences and therefore is not equal to zero.
I get it now.

Quote:
Thanks for your responses there. The impression I got from those statements is of a highly intellingent and able person who is proably too successful at her job not to pick up enemies and envious people. The question for me was really how much that translated into your experiences.

The family issues I left in because of your posts relating to the problems you have had with relatives. That seemed to fit, given that the term 'brothers' could probably be taken in a wider family context.
Thank you. I found some answers in your analysis. Other answers remain hidden but when I go back over the thread and have more time to analyze it again, they may pop up… It’s kind of a mixture now as some answers I found here, others seem to remain in more modern look at the chart. It looks to me as both methods should be used…
Top   #94