Ronia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
The Lots referred to previously are:

Fortune - Libra
Spirit - Aries
Livelihood -Cancer
Travel - Sagittarius

Starting with Fortune and Spirit. The ideal configuration of these two is that Spirit should be in the Tenth House relative to Fortune. In fact it's in the Seventh House relative to Fortune, which is probably the next best place, as it's angular.
So far, so good.

Quote:
Valens says:

If it is in its proper place or at another angle, the nativities will be as distinguished and vigorous as they can be under the circumstances.'

At first sight this appears to be damning with faint praise, but actually an angular relationship is best and this is probably the equal second best place to be. Of course Mars rules the Lot of Spirit, and Mars is the ruler of the Sect Light but is also the out of sect malefic. Mars is angular in the natal chart, so your basic way of trying to influence the world around you is Martial - through Mars characteristics, drive and ambition.
This is true about the Martian ways.
Quote:
Fortune is ruled by Venus, who is in the ninth, not a bad place compared to the Ascendant, but whereas Mars 'sees' his Lot, Venus is averse to hers. The Mars side might be seen as to the fore, but Venus gives a softening affect, and that might attract Fortune.
And this is a lesson I know I must learn Ė the softer approach.

Quote:
The Lot of Livelihood is ruled by the Moon. One obvious metaphor is that your Livelihood will be prone to phases, and changes, like the Moon.
Also true as I wrote Ė the livelihood has been prone to extreme changes, ups and downs.
Quote:
The Moon is dignifies in Cancer and aspects both Fortune and Spirit. She is with Mars in Cancer and sextiles Venus.
Since the ruler of the Lot of Livelihood is dignified, does it bode well?
Quote:
Livelihood actually occupies the Tenth place relative to Fortune and in turn Spirit occupies the Tenth place relative to Spirit. Possibly that might mean that your Fortune is dominated by your need for a Livelihood and this in turn is dominated by the way you try and affect the course of events. Whilst that might be said of anyone, in your case I think those needs are quite crucial to your life. In the Seventh this might be taken as Livelihood is dependent on others (and possible the changeable moods of others).
As I consider the tenth as an achievement house, the place where we ďget in the spotlightĒ, I think it may point at the fact that my career is important to me, I feel fortunate when I am at the top of it, itís not only my livelihood, itís more than that, I thrive there, my fortune depends on my career achievements which in turn depend on my actions (of course). As about the seventh, it seems like depending on othersÖ But it also may refer to partnerships, I think. Both personal and business ones.

Quote:
The Lot of Travel is in Sagittarius. It's the twelfth place of the nativity but I think it's relationship to Fortune and Spirit are likely to be more important. It is sextile to the Lot of Fortune and is in a third House relationship. This is a cadent house relationship but the third House/Place itself has links with Travel.
I actually find the fact the Lot of Travel is namely in Sagittarius (traditionally related to travel and exploration and adventure) as a good omen.

Quote:
The Lot of Travel is also trine to the Lot of Spirit in Aries. It's in a ninth House relationship, which again stresses travel but in this case overseas travel. That it trines the Fortune suggests that the decision to go abroad was not only taken freely but was seen as desirable. Indeed the sextile to Fortune suggests that 'abroad' will not be a bad place in terms of your health and what befalls you. Being abroad does seem to be something that you see and experience in a positive way, echoing the statements that you've made. Whether it is good for your long term livelihood, I'm not so sure, as the Lot of Travel and the Lot of Livelihood are averse to each other.
Well, it hasnít been worse in terms of career than staying where I was born, thatís for sure. On top of that, even if my career is going well at my home city, I feel depressed there, itís suffocating me. Iím a wanderer by nature, I need change and to explore.

Quote:
Travel is ruled by Jupiter and Jupiter is in a square relationship with the ruler of Livelihood, the Moon. That also seems to suggest that Travel and Livelihood are not naturally going to be productive, without overcoming difficulties and problems.
Same as staying where I was born. I donít see a difference, I donít know if itís reflected in the chart. My geographical position didnít actually change the fact that my career suffered ups and downs, jealousy and envy. Those were accompanying me wherever I went. However, I've found that certain cities are much worse than others. The country doesn't matter so much. I actually checked a while ago the astromaps on Astro.com and (although I don't understand the lines completely), it seems the worst things over the past few years have happened close or on the Mars ruled lines (marked with MC) while some of the better times have been close or on lines ruled by Moon and/or Saturn (again marked with MC). My birth ciy is also on a Moon line but marked DC.

Quote:
Jupiter is in the same Place as the Lot of Sprit, and it's possible this leads to you seeing Travel, especially overseas travel, as the first answer to problems - not as a 'running away' or 'exile' but because there are probably new opportunities to influence things in a new location.
Travelling actually charges my optimism, another Jupiter side. When I travel I feel alive.
Quote:
Jupiter and Mars (ruler of Spirit) are in a square aspect, as is Jupiter and the Moon. In both cases Jupiter is on the right hand side, which suggests Jupiter will win the debate about should I go or should I stay - finances and other circumstances permitting.
There hasnít been a debate actually. LOL I do consider more carefully now as a parent because Iím travelling with my son but a debate like ďshould I/shouldnít IĒ doesnít exist, itís only more careful planning. 

Quote:
When we get to the next stage, the interesting thing will be to see how these Lots show up during your various Astrological periods and indeed whether Travel and Livelihood have significant periods of their own.
Indeed, Iím curious too!
Top   #95