View Single Post
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronia
It’s interesting that even in their times their most proclaimed warriors, kings, etc. were almost constantly abroad, even building new empires in foreign lands and leaving there for good… May be “exile” was seen as against the will of the person? Like being forced to leave the village/city as a punishment?
Yes there is indeed a difference between being forced into exile or doing a bit of campaigning abroad or being sent on a mission abroad. That still didn't change the Greek perception that 'there's no place like home'. The exception is probably Alexander who spent his adult life abroad but who was eventually faced with a rebellion from his army, who wanted to go home and may or may not have been poisoned in Babylon, to produced that end. That view was beginning to change under the Roman Empire and travel abroad didn't carry the same risk of being eaten by wild dogs or attacked by robbers. I think your main point though is a good one and if this Lot is to be used it really needs a more modern spin put on it.

Quote:

Clear as mud.
Both Valens and Firmicus are pesumed to be quoting from a common source - we no longer have that source so it's difficult to know what it said, other from their quotes.

Their quotes differ on this one. Firmicus does n't contain the reference to the twelfth House, Valens does. keep the reference and it doesn't apply to you. Delete the reference and it does.

I don't know what the original version was (and neither does anyone else) so I've included both versions.

Quote:
Thank you. I found some answers in your analysis. Other answers remain hidden but when I go back over the thread and have more time to analyze it again, they may pop up… It’s kind of a mixture now as some answers I found here, others seem to remain in more modern look at the chart. It looks to me as both methods should be used…
I don't see any reason for not having a modern take on the Hellenistic Astrologers and using what seems to fit. I'm trying to understand their approach methods and reasons, so I've put stuff in their own (translated) words. But this is the end of the Age of Aries, and Astrology was only just getting going in both the horoscopic and judicial modes. I hope at least some of the ensuing 2,000 years has produced something of note to add to it

Quote:
This is true about the Martian ways.

And this is a lesson I know I must learn – the softer approach.
Well even if the Hellenisitic Astrologers didn't hang out signs advertising counselling services, and took a fatalistic approach, that doesn't stop us from thinking about what they reveal and adopting a change strategy when we think it's appropriate.

Quote:
Since the ruler of the Lot of Livelihood is dignified, does it bode well?
Well the Moon is dignified and Angular, both in the nativity and relative to Fortune, as well as sextiling Venus by Sign, so Yes I'd say it bodes well and Mars may detract but not destroy.

Quote:
As I consider the tenth as an achievement house, the place where we “get in the spotlight”, I think it may point at the fact that my career is important to me, I feel fortunate when I am at the top of it, it’s not only my livelihood, it’s more than that, I thrive there, my fortune depends on my career achievements which in turn depend on my actions (of course). As about the seventh, it seems like depending on others… But it also may refer to partnerships, I think. Both personal and business ones.
Yes, the Lot of Action which I didn't take up, is also in Libra and therefore your tenth by Sign (and your ninth by house in a modern chart) So career is very much the dominant goal in your life (at least till the birth of your son - and I imagine remains a dominant goal in so far as you wish to provide the best for him).

I think your summation there helps a lot, the emphasis on not just the livelihood but also thriving. I'll remember that for future reference.

[quote=Ronia]
I’m a wanderer by nature, I need change and to explore.
[quote]

That's a good way of interpreting the trine/sectile relationships of Travel to Fortune and Spirit - for you they are a 'happy blend' and again that's a point I'll store for future reference.

Quote:
Same as staying where I was born. I don’t see a difference, I don’t know if it’s reflected in the chart. My geographical position didn’t actually change the fact that my career suffered ups and downs, jealousy and envy. Those were accompanying me wherever I went. However, I've found that certain cities are much worse than others. The country doesn't matter so much. I actually checked a while ago the astromaps on Astro.com and (although I don't understand the lines completely), it seems the worst things over the past few years have happened close or on the Mars ruled lines (marked with MC) while some of the better times have been close or on lines ruled by Moon and/or Saturn (again marked with MC). My birth ciy is also on a Moon line but marked DC.
Now that is really is interesting in the light of some of the things that have emerged during the thread. I've not thought of linking this in to Astro-Cartography but that might well be worth an examination in the future. Also interesting that Mars and the Moon feature here. I'ts another way of saying that Transits aren't everything and that the Mars/Lunar expressions may pop up in different ways.

Quote:
There hasn’t been a debate actually. LOL I do consider more carefully now as a parent because I’m travelling with my son but a debate like “should I/shouldn’t I” doesn’t exist, it’s only more careful planning.
So it's your almost instinctive reaction - perhaps that Trave/Fortune/Spirit connection seems to be the natural you.
Top   #96