The De-Enabling Thread

skh

tmgrl2 said:
Sigh....I still can't bring myself to remove Thompson-Leng from my watch list at eBay.
What would it bring into your life that is missing from it now? (Apart from the obvious, a Thompson-Leng deck, of course.)

cheers,

Sonja

littlehermit

tmgrl2 said:
Kahlie's right, Eco.

Goodness. We Tarotaholics who have "sworn off" buying any more decks will look for any excuse to "buy the first deck." Isn't that like taking the "first drink" for an alcoholic??

Sigh....I still can't bring myself to remove Thompson-Leng from my watch list at eBay.

terri

Don't worry, tmgirl. When you don't bid on it, and the auction ends, the Thompson-Leng will fall off your watch list all on its own. Problem solved.

tmgrl2

littlehermit said:
Don't worry, tmgirl. When you don't bid on it, and the auction ends, the Thompson-Leng will fall off your watch list all on its own. Problem solved.

skh....you are right, I would have a Thompson-Leng!

littlehermit...who says I won't be bidding. I just said that for now, I'm not anxious to get it, since that would make me a "collector."

I could...

BUY IT! Enjoy it...

Then donate it ...to Aeclectic for a contest. De-enable that!

terri

Pook

But once you buy it, you'll start thinking about how long you've desired it, and wont have the will-power to donate it!! After all, you didn't have enough will power to NOT BUY it, now did you?

tmgrl2

I think I will. Sometimes, I just need to hold something or have it for awhile and then I realize I don't really need it and I give it away. I have a habit of doing that.

terri

skh

tmgrl2 said:
skh....you are right, I would have a Thompson-Leng!
If this in itself is important, who are we to talk you out of it? ;)

Sonja

tmgrl2

skh said:
If this in itself is important, who are we to talk you out of it? ;)

Sonja

No, no Sonja...you have to DE-enable me...you know how good we Tarot Addicts are at manipulating??

terri

morandia

elf said:
Gee Lark, sounds like I'd like to come work at your orphanage just to play with the orphans!
My rule of three for de-enabling:

1. Pick a deck and commit to it for a year and a day.
2. Promise yourself not to buy another deck during that time.
3. If you want to break the contract before the end of the time period then you must give the deck away and wait out the rest of the time before getting another deck. If you choose to use a deck already in your possession for the remainder of the time, the clock has to be started over, and same rules apply.

interesting.. being handfasted to your tarot deck..... actually I rather like the idea..... is a marriage of sorts with tarot.... hmmmm......

Eco74

Kahlie said:
There you go... already talking of sneaking peeks... See? You don't even have it, and you are already talking about bending the rules...

Honestly.... what do you expect me to say?! Of course you can't have it!

Darn, You've actually got a good point there.... *sulks*

littlehermit

tmgrl2 said:
No, no Sonja...you have to DE-enable me...you know how good we Tarot Addicts are at manipulating??

terri

You are a toughy! Well...

why not skip the step where you have to hold something in your hands? If you already seem pretty confident that you're going to give it away once you've looked through it, why bother going through all the rigmarole of ordering and paying for shipping and waiting, when you're going to turn around and put it back in the mail?

If you really want to be de-enabled, take eBay out of your bookmarks and don't go there for a week. The e stands for enabling, you know. :D