One Deck Wonder Resurrected

Carla

Ah, thanks Closrapexa!

Madame Squee

I'm getting quite a lot of repeat cards too.

I've also been listing to the cd of 'The Process', which had been given to me by a friend. I never felt the desire to touch it but I have to say, although I don't agree with everything Dan has to say, it's been rather enlightening. Certainly a good fit when working with one deck. <snip>

I LOVE "The Process"!!! :love::love::love:

And I'm jonesing for some Dan Peltier! :smoker:

Unfortunately, since I updated my phone, I can only find the "Cabin Fever" music that was included in the cd. I have no idea where the spoken part went. This separation has always a problem, but I always managed to round up the errant pieces before. This time, however, it appears that these wayward bits have truly given me the slip and gone off to romp in the Cloud somewhere... :bugeyed:

So, now I have to search through my cabinets, retrieve the cd and start over. My children tell me that it wasn't burned properly, or this wouldn't have happened. It's a legit cd, straight from Tarot Connections or Tarot Garden, so I don't know what will keep it from happening again, but we shall see. If only I had held on to my DiscMan!!! :D

Madame Squee

I'm back! I'd like to do a One Deck Wonder, Ostara to Summer Solstice, with Cosmic Tarot.

Yay! :party:

The Cosmic is such a marvelous deck! I love to look for the astrological symbols included in the cards. The images are so detailed, and the people are superb!

Madame Squee

Just after several days of stepping out of the ODW and using another deck, I already missed the Vampyres and pulled them out to read with again. This deck sure has grown on me. :heart:

Yay!!! This surely is a good sign for your ODW. I stepped back from the Illuminated long enough to participate in the March TdM exchange, and although I enjoyed doing it, I really, really missed the time I usually spend with my Illuminated. :love:

Miss Divine

Thank you for the welcome back YAY's... But I'm not officially doing a ODW since I am using the Dreaming Way also. Using only the Vampyre deck is too intense right now. There are some things going on right now that are weighing heavily on me.. So yeah, that's where the Dreaming Way is comforting with all it's whimsy and bright lush colors. :)

Eyebright

I have been MIA for a couple of weeks now, sorry about that! But life and illness and work all got in the way and I've basically not picked up my deck this whole time!

I'm gingerly stepping back in though...I think my ODW was to continue until Easter, but I will continue on for as long as I feel I want to! Looking forward to getting back into the Tarot saddle!

Also congratulations Flaxen! :heart:

Lil Red

I'm proud to say that I've been with my deck for one whole month and I only fell off the wagon 2 times. Hopefully I'll stick to another two month without falling off the wagon. Oh well as long I'm enjoying my time with my lovely deck then that is all that matters. :heart:

Disa

WB Eyebright! Glad you are feeling better. I definitely know how stuff gets in the way.

WTG, Lil Red- keep up the good work.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood, Miss Divine. Hope everything works out for you.

sapienza

Is Book T Book of Thoth?
Hi Carla. I can't remember exact details of the history of it but basically Book T details the Golden Dawn meanings for all the cards. I'm not even sure if you can get it as an actual book but it's available online here. Very similar to Aleister Crowley's Thoth meanings although he did re-title several of his cards. From my work with the Cosmic in the past, I found that cards that originally left me scratching my head made perfect sense in light of the Golden Dawn meanings. Enjoy. :)