One Deck Wonder Resurrected

sapienza

I finally found time today to post some new threads to the Nigel Jackson study group. I'm really enjoying the process and have found that actually typing up what I'm thinking has been a great way to clarify everything. My daily draws are really working well for me and it's amazing at how the days events will connect with the card in ways that give them a whole new clarity as far as meanings go. I remember this is what it was like back when I was learning with the Mythic and using that deck only. I've been taking notes in a journal but I find typing it up properly for the study group is when the real light bulb moments happen. I'm even considering posting some thoughts to my blog again but I'll see how I go for time.

I'd definitely recommend the one deck thing for anyone, I feel completely liberated from the endless cycle of trying to find the best deck to use and going from one system to another. The confusion has ended and the actual learning has begun. And having the Ancient Italian as a back-up means that even if I do feel like flipping through or using another deck, I can. It's perfect and I'm SO glad I decided to do this. If you're on the edge and can't decide whether to take the plunge....do it! :)

Lil Red

Lately I've been hearing a lot about tarot of the vampyres in this thread so I bought it and goodness gracious they are breath taking. It is love. :love: I'm itching to do readings with it but I have two month to go before I touch another deck. It also doesn't help that I bought Paulina tarot as well. Oh well, I'll just stick to my Ghost & Spirit tarot and hide my other two tarot in my tarot chest so I won't be tempted to use it. :D

Tarot Orat

I finally found time today to post some new threads to the Nigel Jackson study group. I'm really enjoying the process and have found that actually typing up what I'm thinking has been a great way to clarify everything. My daily draws are really working well for me and it's amazing at how the days events will connect with the card in ways that give them a whole new clarity as far as meanings go. I remember this is what it was like back when I was learning with the Mythic and using that deck only. I've been taking notes in a journal but I find typing it up properly for the study group is when the real light bulb moments happen. I'm even considering posting some thoughts to my blog again but I'll see how I go for time.

I'd definitely recommend the one deck thing for anyone, I feel completely liberated from the endless cycle of trying to find the best deck to use and going from one system to another. The confusion has ended and the actual learning has begun. And having the Ancient Italian as a back-up means that even if I do feel like flipping through or using another deck, I can. It's perfect and I'm SO glad I decided to do this. If you're on the edge and can't decide whether to take the plunge....do it! :)

I read some of your study group posts and they're wonderfully insightful! I really like how you use the Ancient Italian to enhance your understanding of the Nigel Jackson cards. What a great way to use the illustrated/unillustrated deck method of the ODW!

And it's just great to hear how well the ODW is going for you and how it's freed you and helped you learn and grow. I :heart: ODW too :)

Tarot Orat

Lately I've been hearing a lot about tarot of the vampyres in this thread so I bought it and goodness gracious they are breath taking. It is love. :love: I'm itching to do readings with it but I have two month to go before I touch another deck. It also doesn't help that I bought Paulina tarot as well. Oh well, I'll just stick to my Ghost & Spirit tarot and hide my other two tarot in my tarot chest so I won't be tempted to use it. :D

I've acquired a few really gorgeous decks since I started the ODW but as you suggest, I leave them in my tarot cabinet! I have some ideas for future ODW's too but am womanfully resisting pulling any of those decks out now. Patience is so difficult! But the more I hold out against temptation and turn to my ODW decks, the stronger I feel and the better the cards read for me.

sapienza

I read some of your study group posts and they're wonderfully insightful! I really like how you use the Ancient Italian to enhance your understanding of the Nigel Jackson cards. What a great way to use the illustrated/unillustrated deck method of the ODW!

And it's just great to hear how well the ODW is going for you and how it's freed you and helped you learn and grow. I :heart: ODW too :)

Thanks so much for that. :) I'm still doing my daily draws and still loving the Nigel Jackson. This is the best thing I've done in ages, such a revelation. In some ways I think I needed to go through that whole burn-out, walk away from tarot thing to get to a place where this made sense. It's certainly just what I need now.

Lil Red

I've acquired a few really gorgeous decks since I started the ODW but as you suggest, I leave them in my tarot cabinet! I have some ideas for future ODW's too but am womanfully resisting pulling any of those decks out now. Patience is so difficult! But the more I hold out against temptation and turn to my ODW decks, the stronger I feel and the better the cards read for me.

I fully agree with you, patience is so difficult but we need to stay strong and firm! When our ODW deck goals are over we can appreciate our decks more and it will be worth the wait as well! :D

Carla

I am adding a second deck to my ODW (in the tradition of the original concept): Golden Dawn Magical Tarot by Chic and Sandra Tabatha Cicero.

sapienza

Carla, the Golden Dawn Magical and Cosmic should work rather well together if you are focusing on the Golden Dawn approach.

I found some time today to post in the Nigel Jackson study group again. I'm so enjoying typing up the posts. I've been doing a single card draw each morning and evening and write brief notes in a journal as I go. It's when I type up the posts though that stuff really clicks into place. Today I wrote about the Seven of Staves (Wands) which is a card that has troubled me for years. I've just finished now and am feeling very pleased because I finally get how it all fits together.

The whole process has also reminded me about the value (for me) of writing.

sapienza

oops, sorry, double posted.

Carla

Carla, the Golden Dawn Magical and Cosmic should work rather well together if you are focusing on the Golden Dawn approach.

Precisely what I'm doing. Trying to get my head around Golden Dawn!! :)