View Single Post
Citizen

strings of life 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooden-eye View Post
Just stopping by to say thank you so much for such positive feedback for Bonefire. It really feels as if the deck has found a life of its own. I have really been struck by how differently it has introduced itsself to its new owners. Often behaving quite unlike the Bonefire I used to know.
It is quite thrilling for me to behold.
I am still diving with the idea of writing much more extensively on the deck, though not sure what format as anyone who has the deck will know, the written form is not my gift. But having read here such incited into the deck, many so removed from my intentions , I don't wish to be contradictory and consequently influence Bonefire's own voice.
I hope this is not seen as a cop out.
Has any one found that purchasing a book perhaps at a later date than the book has been a negative in their enjoyment or bond with their deck. Perhaps proving it to not be the personality they had thought they had known?
I was reading yesterday, a French bloggers interview with her Bonefire and the deck appeared quite flirtatious.....Bonefire never flirted with me. It got me thinking.
Always dangerous.
I agree with desertrat on two point : that a companion book that explains the symbolism that you used in the cards would be wonderful to have and that this is my favorite deck of 2013. The Bonefire reads me, not the other way around. I have only said that about one other deck in my collection. I haven't read to others with it yet, but plan on doing so soon, very soon.

I love studying symbolism, journaling about the connections that I make, and taking I to account what the artist's intention was. Releasing a book after a deck is perfectly fine.

And if you do decide to make a companion book, a print edition would be nice. Don't get me wrong, I love to use my eReader, but I prefer my Tarot books in a tangible format.

I've never been persistent about using the Study Group forum here on Aeclectic, but have a feeling it would be worthwhile for this deck. I would have notes galore!
Top   #86