View Single Post
Citizen

Ruby Jewel 
Septenaries versus Tree of Life

In the Papus "Tarot of the Bohemians", he arranges the cards into three septenaries. Each septenary consists of two ternaries, a positive trine and a negative trine, with the yod at the top, He at the bottom left, vau at the bottom right, and the 2nd He trines the square by becoming the yod of the next ternary. In this layout, the Fool is at the end, and he begins with The Magician, 2nd is the High Priestess, and 3rd is The Empress. The Emperor then becomes the yod of the second, negative ternary....the positive and negative ternaries thereby creating the first of the three septenaries. This is a very interesting system since all the yods are vibrations of one, all the He's are vibrations of two, and all the vaus are vibrations of three. (ie, 1's being 1,4,7,10,13,16,19,22 are all yods) and so on with 2's and 3's. This is a really interesting system when laid out and it is also based on the Kaballa. I think Paul Case came along and disputed the whole system in favor of this one. But all this is new to me and so I'm wondering if there is any legitimacy to this system as compared to the "Tree of Life" system. The numerology in the Papus system works out in such an interesting way that I have learned it pretty much by heart. Now I'm wondering if it is at all applicable to the tarot.
Top   #10