5 of swords as action to take

Payal

Another possibility may be that--as an action--you might do better to change your whole thought process on the situation. Swords can cover thoughts and thinking, and Fives can point to changes and shake-ups.
We are speaking of troubled relationships, so change the thoughts of teaching a lesson. Sometimes its such that you have to take a stand, you can't let go because if you do you will lose and if you take a stand you have to fight a long battle. And for letting go 8 of cups would be a better card.
Thanks for your take but still cant understand this as a best step to take.

Payal

It's kind of like the fight may not be worth it or you may win the battle but at what cost? Sometimes that is worth it to some people. Will you really be happy if you win the fight?

Yes that makes sense to me, thats what i was stuck with. The voice inside me was saying if you let go the wrong will win, but we our self are not correct to judge others. I didn't know what to do as matters are out of hand. The other card are giving me answers but action to take, i am messing up because i hate the cunning attitude on the face of the winner and would never want one. Lol like the attitude Draco Malfoy had in Harry potter series.

Payal

Maybe the fight is impossible to avoid and you should be ready that effects of it are not going too positive. It can also describe how can be your feelings while taking the action.

It is impossible to avoid, you are right on it and for sure when matters are sensitive there is on winning and no losing. But when you know someone is creating a bad image of yours, someone is creating a bad picture of your and you ask what should i do, 5 of swords pops up. As i turned the card, the first thing that came in my mind he will win using wrong medium and unethically or i also have to use the same which i don't want to.
Thanks for your take. :)

Payal

Hi Payal
I tend to agree with the other answers. Maybe it's not about an action you should do but an action you shoudn't : not to fight at all cost. 5 of swords can also refers to losing your ethical values so it could also be an advice for keeping this within sight
Hope things will be better soon

Yes i also getting a feeling i shouldn't use the wrong way to win. This does make sense to where i am standing but don't know how i am going go forward because things are nasty.
Thanks for your take

Payal

I'm with this answer. Fives are about instability and imbalance, movement and change. Those who find change threatening, can see the fives as essentially negative cards, but they needn't be so. And Swords are the cutting edge of the mind.

So for best results, you need to re-evaluate the way you approach the whole situation, re-think it completely.

Yes, i get a feeling don't rush, think about it all over again. Thanks for your take, i always like your answers. If you can still think of anything then please do let me know. :)

Strenght

I think I can understand 5 of swords as outcome as a devastating win but as action what would it be. Make out a devastating win. There would be a difference between action and outcome

Hi,
As an action, here it would be "choose your battles". Know when to fight, and what is worth fighting for, and again what is not worth the trouble. In a troubled situation, there are battles arising everywhere and all the time. Know when to walk away and when to assert yourself.
Good luck to you.

WalesWoman

Hi all, I am using RW. In legal matters or matters related to separation and troubled relationships what should 5 of swords mean as action.
For me it would be think intellectually, make strategies to fight the case in your favor. What else could be said for action to be taken.

That is how I would interpret it, especially when it's concerning legal battles over separation, troubled relationships or divorce (always a no win situation)... not to allow anyone any weapons to use against you. I could see this as restraining orders, making sure you have all your legal documents in order and available (in case you have to get away in a hurry), document EVERYTHING said or done (if there is abuse, take photographs), receipts for the things you bought or own that could be contested. Everything needs to be on the record, hearsay is worthless unless there is proof to back it up.

Payal

That is how I would interpret it, especially when it's concerning legal battles over separation, troubled relationships or divorce (always a no win situation)... not to allow anyone any weapons to use against you. I could see this as restraining orders, making sure you have all your legal documents in order and available (in case you have to get away in a hurry), document EVERYTHING said or done (if there is abuse, take photographs), receipts for the things you bought or own that could be contested. Everything needs to be on the record, hearsay is worthless unless there is proof to back it up.

Amazing, I was just waiting to hear this but couldn't come up with the same. I can now understand it and also related to it. Thanks so much.

bluelagune

This is an old thread but I wanted to add my 2 pentacles :)

OK. So 5 of swords. Let's look at the moment before the three figures went apart. Two were battling each other. One person was standing near by and trying to figure out who will win. At the end the third person chose to follow the loser. Now, we do not know who was right or wrong in this battle. Maybe both were right, maybe both were wrong.... the problem is that the third person only showed pity for a person who lost. So to answer your question to what action to take: take the one that will make the third person follow you because you were hurt. No matter how nutty your fight was, no matter how unethical the other person is, if you win, you will lose the "judge", "friend", "respect of a child" ... your partner could be the Devil himself but if you win by turning into devil himself, you will lose.

Example: domestic violence case. Wife is abused for years but noone knows it. He is an outstanding father and provider. As soon as she walks away, she is pitied and the community is in shock at the man. So he begs for forgiveness and promises that he won't do it again. The wife doesn't believe him and proceeds with divorce. The community sees a repentant father and a wife who is evil and unforgiving and probably a gold digger. There are no winners unless you get the audience on your side!

crystalrose

Interesting thread. I would think of the 5 of swords as what to do is to be completely selfish and look out for your interests only. Most likely because the other party is doing the same & you don't want to end up as the one being screwed over.

Or on the flipside, it could also mean give up the battle completely because you're going to lose no matter what. Walk away even if it hurts to lose.