The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot Ever, Exercise 10: the Never-Ending Story

3ill.yazi

I'm skipping ahead to a more interactive exercise in Dusty's book (page 36).

While he encourages people to do this one at first with just the Minor Arcana, he says you can use the majors. As some have been chomping at the bit to use them, I'm going to suggest we include majors.

This one is probably familiar to people: I'm going to pull a card and start a story. You then pull a card and keep the story going. The first person stumped has to buy us all drinks. Okay that last part is not in the book, but it certainly is in the spirit of the book.

I would say if you are stumped, start a new story.

THE MOON

It was a clear moonlit night, and I was preparing to grill some lobster, when my golden lab and huskie, who'd been poised to gobble up my mistakes, suddenly froze, like they heard something.

Harperhaven

8 of CUPS

They then became agitated as they sensed the man quietly walking along the moonlit path. He didn't seem to be in a hurry but he did seem to be moving with purpose ... on to some hidden goal. Where was he off to?

sladie

SteamPunk Tarot

Ten of Cups

Why, he's off to sit beside that pretty woman underneath the stars and propose!

Zen Mamma

Golden Tarot

Knight of Swords

But alas-I have arrived out of the blue to slay this Dragon! <points to dead Dragon on the ground in front of him> If I bring the head of this Dragon to the king then I shall be able to marry my beloved Beatrice! The knight removed the head of the dragon and then looked at the two people he was to give his apologies to for so rudely interrupting their rendezvous-thus recognizing the beautiful woman...his Beatrice

Harperhaven

6 of Wands

The Knight returned to the village carrying the dragon head on his pike. He rode slowly through the town giving everyone the opportunity to see his prize. The townspeople cheered and the children tried to grab at the dragon head.

donnalee

6 of Wands

The Knight returned to the village carrying the dragon head on his pike. He rode slowly through the town giving everyone the opportunity to see his prize. The townspeople cheered and the children tried to grab at the dragon head.

Suddenly, all eyes were on the platform in the town square. A large embellished cup, the likes of which had not been seen around here before, stood on the table, and a powerful hand reached out to grasp it, perhaps to shield it from the prying eyes of the townspeople.

Harperhaven

4 of SWORDS

Mine! All mine! A voice boomed. But I couldn't tell where the voice came from. I stood on a rock to look down into the cup. It contained a light-colored liquid with the smell of coconuts. Then I noticed a man laying to the side of the table. Maybe he drank from this cup and was struck down by the magical potion. Or maybe he was just drunk.

3ill.yazi

THE TOWER

The voice boomed again, only I realized it was a terrible clap of thunder, succeeding a bolt of lightening which rent the building asunder. I watched in terror as I saw the sleeping man awake, only to hurtle pitifully to the ground, beside the red-caped knight.

Harperhaven

6 of SWORDS

We all stood transfixed at the scene before us. We couldn't move! When I came to my senses, I rounded up all the townspeople as quickly as I could and lead them away from all the destruction telling them not to look at the horror.

sladie

SteamPunk Tarot (Moore and Fey)

Five of Pentacles

I grabbed the children and quickly led the group of townspeople to the chapel, where I hoped they'd be safe from any further harm!