The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

shadowdancer

I last heard from Poppy a few weeks ago, before I headed away for a holiday.

She has reworked a few cards so that the coin suit will be named as such.

She is also in touch with a potential publisher, but very early days so that may still be an avenue she is working on right now.

I agree folks - this deck is one that has to come into being. I know it will be a mainstay reading deck for me, and being modern day themed, my sitters will 'get it' and take some real relevance from it.

BodhiSeed

A potential publisher? That sounds promising! :) I like that the earthy suit will be called "Coins."

Thoughtful

I last heard from Poppy a few weeks ago, before I headed away for a holiday.

She has reworked a few cards so that the coin suit will be named as such.

She is also in touch with a potential publisher, but very early days so that may still be an avenue she is working on right now.

Oh this is such good news can't wait to hear more news. If l get a reply to my email l will let you know how far she is with this deck. It will be so enjoyable to have a deck that is modern, readable and full of normal everyday people without it going over the top. Each card speaks so well for the present day events in peoples lives.

Nemia

What a beautiful deck. Just scrolling from one card to the other had such a strong impact on me - every card speaks with a clear voice, the energy seems to burst from the seams. An amazing deck. The creator must be a wonderful woman to catch so many expressions so well.

Tansey Ella

I have started a number of threads wishing for a modern day deck that deals with ordinary people and their day to day lives. Real people, real lives, in this world we live in now.
There is wishcraft!!

Thoughtful

l have had a lovely email from Poppy, bless her she is still working on her cards. She is hoping to get a publisher for her deck. Apparently Schiffer have said that tarot in general are not selling well for them, so looks like they have declined. l am surprised at that. Poppy thanks everyone for their support and is very grateful and delighted for all the comments she receives. She has asked if anyone could perhaps recommend a publisher or give her some pointers.
Poppy looks at the forums and is so pleased that her work is receiving such appreciation. Unfortunately due to pain she cannot use her computer as much as she would like to reply, she has to save her typing and usage of the computer for working on her cards and book.

Bless you Poppy we are all behind you and hope that your wonderful Tarot gets the acclaim it deserves from a publisher :)

Sar

The Emperor is an aged Idris Elba. Cool.

jillkite

LOVE the Hermit....
I'm a fan of Waking the Wild Spirit too. i wasn't sure i'd be so into the 'Everyday' theme, but checking these cards i can see that they are far from everyday (ordinary), they are gorgeous and very inspired. Congratualtions Poppy, and fingers crossed about a publisher.
Love Jill

Stormdancer

l have had a lovely email from Poppy, bless her she is still working on her cards. She is hoping to get a publisher for her deck. Apparently Schiffer have said that tarot in general are not selling well for them, so looks like they have declined. l am surprised at that. Poppy thanks everyone for their support and is very grateful and delighted for all the comments she receives. She has asked if anyone could perhaps recommend a publisher or give her some pointers.
Poppy looks at the forums and is so pleased that her work is receiving such appreciation. Unfortunately due to pain she cannot use her computer as much as she would like to reply, she has to save her typing and usage of the computer for working on her cards and book.

Bless you Poppy we are all behind you and hope that your wonderful Tarot gets the acclaim it deserves from a publisher :)
Thank you for letting us know!

strings of life

The possibility of this getting published makes me so happy! Hopeful, so hopeful.

Thanks for the update, shadowdancer!