The Wildlife that surrounds us part2

Mi-Shell

Today, late afternoon
Dusk
- did I mention, that now, end December, we have almost NO SNOW!
These 2 came down the frozen creek, right below our living room window
Until we found a camera they were far down the creek and it was toooo dark to get good pics....
But
What a sight!

Attachments

• both.jpg
    both.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 104
  • the female.jpg
    the female.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 132
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 103

Laura Borealis

Today, late afternoon
Dusk
- did I mention, that now, end December, we have almost NO SNOW!
These 2 came down the frozen creek, right below our living room window
Until we found a camera they were far down the creek and it was toooo dark to get good pics....
But
What a sight!

Wow! How wonderful :)

I saw dolphins today. Also lots of pelicans and cormorants and other birds. But I got some very blurry dolphin pics to share. One is of a single dolphin - you can see him pretty clearly. The other is a mother and a calf. You can just see the mother's fin, head-on, and then next to it, the baby's face.

It was a grey, overcast day, which made the Atlantic even more grey than usual, but it was still a nice afternoon to go on a boat ride - cool but not cold, and not much wind.

Attachments

• A Dol Phin.jpg
    A Dol Phin.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Mama and Baby.jpg
    Mama and Baby.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 96

Debra

These photos make my heart sing :)

MsRubyRain

I couldn't take a picture because I was driving, but this morning I saw a Turkey Vulture on top of a light post and it had its wings spread. It was pretty glorious.

It looked like this one:

Attachments

• turkey_vulture_6.jpg
    turkey_vulture_6.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 84

Laura Borealis

Cool! I love vultures (I know a lot of people don't, but they are pretty awesome)

Today I saw bobcats, a cougar, baby alligators, an albino snake, gopher tortoises, and lots of beautiful birds, at a nature center near here. I fell in love with that albino snake! She was so pretty.

Laura Borealis

And today, I saw a semi-tamed crow flying to a woman's shoulder for potato chips! The woman said she's been friends with this crow for many many years - it lives free but comes to her for treats. It was a beautiful bird, so glossy and sleek. :)

edited to add picture - not the one I saw, but like this.

Attachments

• fish crow.jpg
    fish crow.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 93

Mistteak

Like the Willy wagtail - they've been known to harass Eagles. Years ago a wagtail in my vege garden routinely attacked a one legged crow that loved to browse amongst the bugs in the morning. The wagtail ALWAYS made the crow leave. It was so delightful to watch. Where I am now our resident Wagtail keeps our cats under control by dive-bombing them whenever they get too suspicious-looking. It's a total joy to see :) And a wonderful demonstration of how the mighty too have their vulnerabilities :)

Our willy wagtails just hatched babies, it was so fun to watch them find each other, (young couple) find a place to build, build and now have babies .. was great till my 3yr tried to climb up to PAT the babies .. Holy mother on earth, did those WWT go NUTS, dive bombing and what not .. NO willy wagtail was hurt.. my son got a sore butt when he fell from the added.

Mistteak

Cool! I love vultures (I know a lot of people don't, but they are pretty awesome)

Today I saw bobcats, a cougar, baby alligators, an albino snake, gopher tortoises, and lots of beautiful birds, at a nature center near here. I fell in love with that albino snake! She was so pretty.

I was thinking where the hell does this person live! until the At a nature park part

Mi-Shell

Flying Squirrel dinner:

I can not resist.
They are soooo cute ♥

Attachments

• DSCN5530.jpg
    DSCN5530.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 97