Saturn return stories

Ronia

I've written here about my Saturn return a number of times as this topic seems to be high on everyone's list and keeps coming up. Great times. Mind you, first you have to look what Saturn rules in your natal and how he is aspected or aspects other planets and which houses they rule. Without a disection of the natal, there is no point going further because the natal promise does matter a big deal.

Saturn rules my Ascendant therefore it makes sense that his transits are important for me (they are), they are felt strongly (they are), they actually do bring events in real life (they do), and they are often related to new beginnings (1st house), me (1st house), body (1st house), oppose the rest of the world around me or put me in a position to weigh Me vs Others (1st/7th house), conflict with my own way of doing things (Saturn square Sun/Uranus), bring emotionally responsible situations to the front (Saturn conjunct Moon), etc.

Having said that, Saturn return played from about 29 to 31 (I do not consider the return being in play months or years prior and after, it doesn't fit my understanding of astrological orbits). The most prominent job I've had in my life, huge responsibilities coming with it but also big pay, bringing lots of new people, new countries, travel, exploration, learning new things, progressing professionally a lot. Further down the road marriage and a pregnancy with all their responsibilities. Overall, probably one of the best times I've ever had. As usual with Saturn - takes a lot of patience, discipline, follow through, not give up, perseverance, etc. All Saturnian qualities.

I don't believe you can force things during Saturn transits. This is the Lord of Time. He rules. You can (and should) hang in there and grasp every chance he throws your way, even if it looks scary.

P.S. The transit over my Sun was actually quite testing but again, if you hang in there, at the end there is a reward. And check your bones/teeth.

P.P.S. Saturn and Mercury should not be compared, IMHO. Saturn's lessons are lifetime lessons. Mercury is... passing influence which no one will notice if they don't have him influential in their chart. I do have him influential and I've never even noticed when he is retrograde. With Saturn, though, this wouldn't work.

celticnoodle

so, reading about it both on google and also the stories here in this thread, it seems that when you are born, Saturn is in your chart and depending on where it is, it can be good or bad. When it returns for you--every 30 years give or take a few years, again, it can be good or bad--but its always in a major way by the sounds of it. Not just that you'll have a good day or even year--but its a MAJOR happening in your life.

Birth is a major happening, of course--so its interesting to try and find out what to expect when it returns when you are about 30 and again when you are nearing 60 and if you're lucky enough to live past 90, perhaps again.

Someone mentioned they were a sickly baby, I was as well. I struggled most of my life too, with physical health but also with life in general the first 30 or nearly 30 years. Everything was always harder for me--and so, maybe it was due to the Saturn in my life?

When I turned 28, my life did suddenly turn around--and since then, over all, I must say, I've been very-very blessed. Though, there were also times before I was 28 that I was quite blessed, too. So, how do you know what is due to the Saturn in your life or not? My health was and is still crap, but its just something that always will be bad and something I have to stay on top of, so I can't say that is because of the Saturn in my chart at birth. But, I do so hope that when I next have to deal with Saturn's return when I'm nearing 60, that it will be wonderful again. That time is creeping up on me ever so quietly--but it isn't far off!

So, will Saturn be once again in the same exact spot for me when I am nearly 60, as it was the day of my birth? It was in Sagittarius 12 degrees the day/time of my birth. How do I search to see what this meant for me my first 30 so years? How/what do I check for to determine how it possibly will play out again for me at the age of 60? I was just googling Saturn in Sagittarius at 12 degrees, but didn't get much from what was turning up.

Ronia

so, reading about it both on google and also the stories here in this thread, it seems that when you are born, Saturn is in your chart and depending on where it is, it can be good or bad. When it returns for you--every 30 years give or take a few years, again, it can be good or bad--but its always in a major way by the sounds of it. Not just that you'll have a good day or even year--but its a MAJOR happening in your life.

Good and bad are relative terms. Saturn teaches lessons. How you take it depends on your perception. And it matters which house he rules in your natal chart.

So, will Saturn be once again in the same exact spot for me when I am nearly 60, as it was the day of my birth? It was in Sagittarius 12 degrees the day/time of my birth. How do I search to see what this meant for me my first 30 so years? How/what do I check for to determine how it possibly will play out again for me at the age of 60? I was just googling Saturn in Sagittarius at 12 degrees, but didn't get much from what was turning up.

In order for it to be a "return" (not only for Saturn but for any planet), yes, they have to come to their natal position. How it will play out you will find out when you start from your natal - what he rules, his aspects, and his house. Then check transitis, I'd also check progressions, relating solar returns - the whole picture.

junethird

Keep in mind that term and dignities in signs and houses play a HUGE ROLE aswell as aspects to saturn both natally and transiting and each solar return sets you up to recive those inflences.

You should look up your solar arcs to get more information i belive.

And no matter what others says. I strongly belive in asteroids. Juno and a few other asteroids have played supporting roles when conjunct major transits like saturn in my chart i personally believe.

celticnoodle

ah, okay. thanks, Ronia. I'm 'learning'. :D

so, at the time of my birth, Saturn was 12 degrees in Capricorn--NOT Sagittarius, which I counted wrong and is actually in my 8th house, if I am doing this correctly. (There are 12 houses, and I was born in October, so the rising sign is my first house, correct?)

:laugh: see, I told you, I'm a complete newbie and ignorant on this stuff! :D

anyway, I counted incorrectly before, and just realized it, so that Saturn is 12 degrees in Capricorn, which is the 8th house in my chart. So, do I look at what it means for Saturn to be 12 degrees into Capricorn, or do I look to see what it means for Saturn to be in the next house, which would be Leo? The one site I went to, so I could 'learn' about Saturn mentioned something about paying attention to the house it is going into next. That would be my 9th house, which happens to be Leo.

So, am I totally hopeless here and should give up before continuing to google anymore, or am I on the right track and should look at Saturn going into the next house from where it appeared for me at my birth? :confused:

celticnoodle

Keep in mind that term and dignities in signs and houses play a HUGE ROLE aswell as aspects to saturn both natally and transiting and each solar return sets you up to recive those inflences.

You should look up your solar arcs to get more information i belive.

And no matter what others says. I strongly belive in asteroids. Juno and a few other asteroids have played supporting roles when conjunct major transits like saturn in my chart i personally believe.

:bugeyed: Solar arcs??!!

what are those, please, junethird? I have heard of asteroids, but never of solar arcs. how do I find these in my chart, (I did the freebie chart at astrolabe. :D

I'm more and more confused as I try to move forward. :laugh:

junethird

what are those, please, junethird? I have heard of asteroids, but never of solar arcs. how do I find these in my chart, (I did the freebie chart at astrolabe. :D

Hi CN!

Its predictive astrology territory. Im not sure if im the best to explain it. But once you hit your the year of your saturn return it helps see your aspects better and see where you are coming and going with the slower planets that dont zip through your chart like jupiter, venus, mars and the moon do. Progressions are good for that. Im stuck with neptune influence which should last another year or so before the fog lifts. So if my calculations are correct 2016 is my year of the promised partner. Neptune here seems to work in my favour somewhat... And saturn will finally be leaving my 7th by then and right at the end where his influence and grip is wanning... For me its been a long journey so im more than ready since i got a double whammy since he entered libra. Plus not to mention his numeros retrograde cycles.

junethird

I forgot to add that you can go to astro.com and in the extended chart section you can get your solar arc chart in the drop down menu.

I know its confusing. Sifting through 'proper astro talk' makes my head spin too. And it takes practice alot of practice by looking and atudying your own chart since you already know the events that have happened to you so you can recognize the influence much easier as it happens in the future.

Look up the solar return chart the year you were pregnant with first child or when you got married and see how the energies played out for you... Luna returns help too. But keep it simple overall and start with the basics firt or else its just info overload and mass confusion.

Emma313

I remember my first Saturn return as a time of "do or die"... The mojo/passion was still strong for everything around me."life was so vivid and in your face

Now I am a somewhat jaded 54 year old awaiting my next one in a couple years time...I dont have alot of time for Saturn transits,( Saturn sits also in my 5th house, they are depressing for me, especially Saturn through my first house virgo, a few years ago, pointless self criticism 24/7) as Im a Moon conjunct Jupiter in Sagitarius soul.....so stuff Saturn, unless you want to be a tax consultant or something, he does nothing for anyones self esteem, takes takes and rarely gives back, disppointing all in all

Minderwiz

As Junethird said the is a predictive technique. So it's not for beginners. You don't really need to bother with it now. But for information, since you asked, Solar Arcs are a symbolic method of prediction. You move all the planets in your natal chart forward by the same amount as the Sun's daily travel for each year of your life. That is the symbolic part, the day for a year of life.

So, keeping to your first Saturn Return, if you are 29 years old, you count forward 29 days from your date of birth and look up the Sun's position for that day. You then cast a new chart in which the Sun occupies that new position and all the other planets are then moved forward from their natal positions by exactly the same amount as the Sun has moved.

You will then have three charts for consideration; your natal chart, the Saturn Return chart and the Solar Arcs chart. You would then use all three to consider the conditions applying at the time of the Saturn Return.

In Solar Arcs the planets that are slower than the Sun will be moved forward by a greater amount than their actual travel over that period (which is what is done in another symbolic technique - Secondary Progressions). Planets that are faster than the Sun may well be moved forward less than their actual travel (especially true of the Moon).

As I said ,this is something you would only bother with when you are confident in reading a natal chart and have a clear idea of the basics of Astrology. Don't worry about it now.