Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

DownUnderNZer

If there was a "Yellow Rubber Duckie" Tarot out there somewhere that is what Arthur Weasley would be using I reckon. :D

All lined up in a row.

Shade

I bet Fleur has a copy of the Joi de Vivre.

Peter Pettigrew doesn't like to think about the past or the future but one of his fellow Death Eaters keeps placing a Baroque Bohemian Cats in his pocket to terrify him.

Parvati and Lavender each have a copy of the Lovers Tarot

Several well-meaning people have given Firenze a copy of the Mythic but he won't use it.

Seamus might have himself a Druidcraft

I am trying to think of what deck Ginny would have... and I can't. Did anyone else feel she was underdeveloped?

Girl Archer

I bet Fleur has a copy of the Joi de Vivre.

Peter Pettigrew doesn't like to think about the past or the future but one of his fellow Death Eaters keeps placing a Baroque Bohemian Cats in his pocket to terrify him.

Parvati and Lavender each have a copy of the Lovers Tarot

Several well-meaning people have given Firenze a copy of the Mythic but he won't use it.

Seamus might have himself a Druidcraft

I am trying to think of what deck Ginny would have... and I can't. Did anyone else feel she was underdeveloped?

Hi shade,

I totally agree with you. Ginny should have been given more of a place within the pages and should have been fleshed out properly so we could have known what truly makes her the best fit for the hero apart from her beauty and her fiery temper, being not emotionally needy and that she plays Quidditch almost as well as he does. See? We don't even know enough to write about her while discussing her. They should have divided the last book into two major arcs.
One part that spoke of the Horcrux Hunt and the other that spoke of how kids in Hogwarts, The D.A. supported the cause. But especially how Ginny and Neville along With Aberforth helped. I would have liked to read that, and more of the Marauder Era shenanigans. Really gotten to know Harry's parents and that batch (maybe Draco's parents too).

I am going off topic here, sorry. I do think Ginny would prefer a Lenormand or Oracle. I think she might make an excellent Lenormand reader. She is not so much about emotions or intuition. Then again,she could also use The Enchanted Tarot By Zerner- Farber.

Girl Archer

Gilderoy Lockheart loves the Cosmic! He's sure it's only a matter of time before his own handsome visage appears on a card, along with Liz Taylor and the other celebrities.

Madeye Moody for Phantasmagoric Theater. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

That is brilliant, Debra. I never thought of that connection with Lockhart and Cosmic Tarot being filled with celebrities :)

Piscean

LMAO YES
Guardian Guidance tarot deck just screaaaams Umbridge! XD

Girl Archer

What deck might Aberforth Dumbledore use? Any decks with goats on them? ;)

LindaMechele

These are so COOL. Y'all are awesome. I am having such fun reading them! Makes me want to rebuy the books so I can read them again.

I am going to go with a fun but erotic deck for Sirius, like the Manara maybe?
Oooh, yeah. I'd like Sirius to read for me with that. *waggles eyebrows*

The Dursleys wouldn't be caught dead with a tarot deck, but Mrs. Dursley secretly practices Bibliomancy with her King James bible.
:joke::joke::joke:

THESE ARE ALL SO AWESOME!!!!
I AGREE!

I bet the Marauders would make a deck based solely on Hogwarts, maybe with like...secrets about the people and places. The Magician would be Dumbledore, the High Priestess probably McGonagall... A full view of the castle itself would probably be the World. So many awesome possibilities!
I want this deck so badly...
Oh, man, me, too! They would have probably enchanted it so that the cards in a spread would act out the reading, even interacting with each other. THAT would be something to see.

If there was a "Yellow Rubber Duckie" Tarot out there somewhere that is what Arthur Weasley would be using I reckon. :D

All lined up in a row.
YAHAHAHA!

Oh, my GOD, I laughed so hard at this! Little bastard deserved it.

Me. Badly.

Hi shade,

I totally agree with you. Ginny should have been given more of a place within the pages and should have been fleshed out properly so we could have known what truly makes her the best fit for the hero apart from her beauty and her fiery temper, being not emotionally needy and that she plays Quidditch almost as well as he does. See? We don't even know enough to write about her while discussing her. They should have divided the last book into two major arcs.
One part that spoke of the Horcrux Hunt and the other that spoke of how kids in Hogwarts, The D.A. supported the cause. But especially how Ginny and Neville along With Aberforth helped. I would have liked to read that, and more of the Marauder Era shenanigans. Really gotten to know Harry's parents and that batch (maybe Draco's parents too).

I am going off topic here, sorry. I do think Ginny would prefer a Lenormand or Oracle. I think she might make an excellent Lenormand reader. She is not so much about emotions or intuition. Then again,she could also use The Enchanted Tarot By Zerner- Farber.
I agree. I kind of felt like Rowling phoned in the last book. It read like her heart wasn't in it anymore and she couldn't be bothered, so just spit out whatever the first things that came to her were. Quite disappointing.

And to quit hijacking my own thread (which I don't care if we do actually...), I think Lenormands would fit her well. Or a plain old Rider. See? I don't know enough about her to pick a deck for her with any certainty either.

What deck might Aberforth Dumbledore use? Any decks with goats on them? ;)
Whatever deck it is, make sure it's one of those plastic ones that can withstand butterbeer spills and goat pee.

jcwirish

I love this thread! You people are very clever and I don't have much to add, but I loved the post about Umbridge with a Doreen Virtue deck. I was thinking that Longbottom would have to have something botanical. Maybe the Victorian Flower Oracle? For some reason I see Ginny with an old Morgan Greer, no particular reason really.