View Single Post
A star-gleam on a stone

AnemoneRosie 

I wonder if part of this has to do with interactivity. If you're getting a reading done in person than it shouldn't just be a reader talking at you - you also (should) have the ability to provide input and relate what they're saying to your own life. Many sitters don't do this as they prefer to "test" the reader. I can't speak to whether or not this was playing out in your readings, but the more information a reader has about you the more they can assist with relating the cards to what's going on for you.

Additionally, as mentioned above, the Tarot isn't the best tool for predictions. The Tarot is better at answering questions like "what can I do to improve my application?" and giving you ways to act than it is able to answer "will I get in to the school/program of my choice?" That's because, of the 78 cards within a standard Tarot deck, there is no card called "yes" nor is there a "no" card. But there are lots of cards that want to give advice. I wonder whether the readers that you saw explained this? If they didn't then that can be a good way for you to be a more informed sitter in the future - if your reader isn't taking the time to help you formulate a question that will give you the best opportunities for action then you know that they might be less accurate, based on your past experiences. I know that, with one of my sitters in particular, we spend about half the reading working on the question so that she is able to get the best possible ideas on where she can work to improve whatever it is that she's asking about at the time.

You deserve to know how to act and use your free will to the best of your abilities. The Tarot can be a very potent tool in that regard. But when it's asked to disregard free will it really starts to flounder, and that's where accuracy really becomes an issue.
Top   #4