Why so many Tarot readers or psychics are wrong?

tarot_quest

Hi ATers!

I did not see tons of tarot readers or psychic in my life (about 6?), and all of them were quite wrong in their predictions.

I understand the rule that at best, the accuracy reach 80-90%, but all of those readers were far from this ''statistic''.

My future just unfolded lately, and I have not been accepted in a very competitive program that would have required years of commitment. 3 different tarot readers told me that I was sure to get in. Of course, I tried to do not think about these predictions and I prepared a lot to get accepted.

Even if I love Tarot, I am starting to think that I should not see professional tarot readers again. They also made a lot of other inaccurate predictions and wrong assumptions about my present life and other wrong predictions.

So here is my question: Have you already had a useful and accurate tarot (psychic) reading? Do you think that all of these readers made mistakes on important life events because I was not meant to know?

gregory

Tarot is not best used for prediction, but for advice, IMHO. Maybe you would have got more from the readings if you had looked at discovering from those readings what you could change about yourself and your actions to achieve what you hoped for. Maybe - as so many of us do - you heard what you wanted to hear. Maybe you got some of those readers who only TELL you what you want to hear. But yes - if you are finding that you are not getting what you want from readings - don't go for any more. They clearly aren't delivering what you want from them.

DownUnderNZer

How unfortunate for you when there are some AMAZING readers out there. Incredible, jaw dropping, on to it readers that do get "future" predictions right even if it is not the basis of their readings. And not just Tarot readers.

I probably only get 10% accuracy and I am absolutely fine with it! :D

Predictions are not set in stone nor is the future. Some things are not meant to be known and there are "variables" that can change what happens not to mention free will.

DND :)

Hi ATers!

I did not see tons of tarot readers or psychic in my life (about 6?), and all of them were quite wrong in their predictions.

I understand the rule that at best, the accuracy reach 80-90%, but all of those readers were far from this ''statistic''.

My future just unfolded lately, and I have not been accepted in a very competitive program that would have required years of commitment. 3 different tarot readers told me that I was sure to get in. Of course, I tried to do not think about these predictions and I prepared a lot to get accepted.

Even if I love Tarot, I am starting to think that I should not see professional tarot readers again. They also made a lot of other inaccurate predictions and wrong assumptions about my present life and other wrong predictions.

So here is my question: Have you already had a useful and accurate tarot (psychic) reading? Do you think that all of these readers made mistakes on important life events because I was not meant to know?

AnemoneRosie

I wonder if part of this has to do with interactivity. If you're getting a reading done in person than it shouldn't just be a reader talking at you - you also (should) have the ability to provide input and relate what they're saying to your own life. Many sitters don't do this as they prefer to "test" the reader. I can't speak to whether or not this was playing out in your readings, but the more information a reader has about you the more they can assist with relating the cards to what's going on for you.

Additionally, as mentioned above, the Tarot isn't the best tool for predictions. The Tarot is better at answering questions like "what can I do to improve my application?" and giving you ways to act than it is able to answer "will I get in to the school/program of my choice?" That's because, of the 78 cards within a standard Tarot deck, there is no card called "yes" nor is there a "no" card. But there are lots of cards that want to give advice. I wonder whether the readers that you saw explained this? If they didn't then that can be a good way for you to be a more informed sitter in the future - if your reader isn't taking the time to help you formulate a question that will give you the best opportunities for action then you know that they might be less accurate, based on your past experiences. I know that, with one of my sitters in particular, we spend about half the reading working on the question so that she is able to get the best possible ideas on where she can work to improve whatever it is that she's asking about at the time.

You deserve to know how to act and use your free will to the best of your abilities. The Tarot can be a very potent tool in that regard. But when it's asked to disregard free will it really starts to flounder, and that's where accuracy really becomes an issue.

gregory

It does rather sound as though you went in asking "will this happen the way I want it to". (And you did that more than once.) Given a question like that, it is pretty clear what you wanted them to say. And if you gave them nothing more to work with than that - the results are hardly surprising.

tarot_quest

Hi everyone,

there are lots of assumptions about what I did or did not do. So to be clear:

- I saw these 3 tarot readers months apart. I went to have these readings not to talk about me applying in a program, but to get more insight about my life (love, soul purpose, career,...) and to have a fun experience :)

- Of course I gave them information about me when necessary and I answer their questions nicely. I did not try to trick or test them.

- I did not go to see 3 readers with the same question (will I get accepted in my program?). I went to have a general reading about my life.

DownUnderNZer

I do think the Tarot can be used to predict, but nothing is 100% guaranteed.

Two women in my life time that used Tarot were totally accurate, but I do not think they needed the cards. Not 70 or 80, but 100% accurate.

One told me the countries I would travel and gave me six names - all which came to pass within a year. Even twins with one being an alcoholic - that came to light 10 years later!.

The Tarot can predict and go beyond.

The other told me about a lawyer and the exact timing.

Be back..

tarot_quest

How unfortunate for you when there are some AMAZING readers out there. Incredible, jaw dropping, on to it readers that do get "future" predictions right even if it is not the basis of their readings. And not just Tarot readers.

I probably only get 10% accuracy and I am absolutely fine with it! :D

Predictions are not set in stone nor is the future. Some things are not meant to be known and there are "variables" that can change what happens not to mention free will.

DND :)

I wish I could see a good tarot reader! I already saw an astrologer that was quite impressive and accurate (she only did one ''big'' mistake: she kept saying that a certain someone was going to come back in my life last year, but he never did).

I agree that predictions are not set in stone :) That is why I did my best for my application and met with some applicant that were accepted to get some tips to improve my application. I just find it curious that 3 tarot readers were sure that I was going to get accepted

gregory

OK fair enough - but even so, tarot is not the best tool for predictions.

AnemoneRosie

Hi everyone,

there are lots of assumptions about what I did or did not do. So to be clear:

- I saw these 3 tarot readers months apart. I went to have these readings not to talk about me applying in a program, but to get more insight about my life (love, soul purpose, career,...) and to have a fun experience :)

- Of course I gave them information about me when necessary and I answer their questions nicely. I did not try to trick or test them.

- I did not go to see 3 readers with the same question (will I get accepted in my program?). I went to have a general reading about my life.

I'm sorry if you read this as my implying that you tried to trick them, or that you tried to ask the same question three times. That wasn't my intention. My intention was more to bring focus to the question, and to ensure that it's framed in a way that allows you to proactively make the changes that allow you to live your life to the fullest.