View Single Post
Citizen

Midsummereve 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarot_quest View Post
Hi ATers!

I did not see tons of tarot readers or psychic in my life (about 6?), and all of them were quite wrong in their predictions.

I understand the rule that at best, the accuracy reach 80-90%, but all of those readers were far from this ''statistic''.

My future just unfolded lately, and I have not been accepted in a very competitive program that would have required years of commitment. 3 different tarot readers told me that I was sure to get in. Of course, I tried to do not think about these predictions and I prepared a lot to get accepted.

Even if I love Tarot, I am starting to think that I should not see professional tarot readers again. They also made a lot of other inaccurate predictions and wrong assumptions about my present life and other wrong predictions.

So here is my question: Have you already had a useful and accurate tarot (psychic) reading? Do you think that all of these readers made mistakes on important life events because I was not meant to know?
Hi! I don't have years of experience behind me, but in my relative brief experience with the Tarot, I have found one person here on AT so far whose predictions have been pretty much spot on for me, so I do believe that we can have the good fortune to be placed upon the path of a truly gifted person...

I think that it is eminently human to want to make sense of the uncertainty (causing fear) that is present in our lives. Trying to predict the future has been a way for humankind to deal with that uncertainty and therefore to manage our fears. If we do away with the predictive powers of the Tarot, do we not underuse its powers?

Perhaps by bearing in mind that what we see in the cards is only a possibility, and not an absolute certainty, can we still use Tarot's predictive power, while taking a reading with a "pinch of salt"?
Top   #52