TAROT & SPELLWORK - exciting new thing...

Tanga

Well!!!

I am in process of concocting a spell for a friend... and decided I would draw the Tarot card in question to represent the end-goal *groans loudly* (I can draw - but sometimes it takes many repetitions to be satisfactory...).

...Then - whilst browsing on Etsy I saw this:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/266627066/printable-pdf-tarot-deck-all-78-tarot?ref=hp_rv

Huh! Printable pdf of RWS style colour-in Tarot cards. (For personal use only - she underlines).

:heart: :heart: :heart: PERFECT - I'll be printing the appropriate ones off, colouring and altering to suit and
even sticking relevant faces from photos on it.

I am sooo excited!

Anyone else care to comment?? :) :) :) :royal: :livelong:

JustJazzie

What a great idea!!

I've only just been introduced to the idea of tarot magic, but all I can think is "but my deck will be incomplete for a time!

This sounds like a really neat solution.
These aren't quite as big- but free!

nisaba

<grin> Tarot magic has been fun, over the years.

About five or six years ago, though, a friend of mine took all the cards out of his deck that he didn't like, and ritually burnt them at dawn. That's going just a little too far, as he didn't replace the deck with a whole one. :)

Tanga

What a great idea!!

I've only just been introduced to the idea of tarot magic, but all I can think is "but my deck will be incomplete for a time!

This sounds like a really neat solution.
These aren't quite as big- but free!

You can change the size when you print them :D

<grin> Tarot magic has been fun, over the years.

About five or six years ago, though, a friend of mine took all the cards out of his deck that he didn't like, and ritually burnt them at dawn. That's going just a little too far, as he didn't replace the deck with a whole one. :)

Huh???
I recently met a lady who made her own deck because she didn't like the Death card and others (no - not Doreen V). She had an interesting substitute for Death called "Human Hormones".

Farzon

I really love the idea of drawing your own cards for the result! I draw my own versions of cards into my journal if they felt important in a reading from time to time. It does make even more sense for magic though. Like drawing a sigil. I'd love to see some of your stuff!

I think coloring wouldn't be enough for me. When I draw a card, I want to connect completely to it's meaning if you know what I mean... the idea of just adding color feels not that intense...

Tanga

I really love the idea of drawing your own cards for the result! I draw my own versions of cards into my journal if they felt important in a reading from time to time. It does make even more sense for magic though. Like drawing a sigil. I'd love to see some of your stuff!

I think coloring wouldn't be enough for me. When I draw a card, I want to connect completely to it's meaning if you know what I mean... the idea of just adding color feels not that intense...

:) I don't keep my stuff - because like Sigils, they are impermanent.
I usually destroy after use.
But - I have one Tarot Spell that you CAN see. Lol.
I painted it in a fit of dreaming enthusiasm - and specifically to be a permanent "spell" for my Tarot business (it's on my Tarot website, www.tangastarot.com, and on my Tarot facebook blog).
It's a rendition of me - dancing - and a composite of 5 cards. (5, reflecting the pentacle: 4 Elements plus the fifth of Spirit - all encompassed within the WILL of the magickal practitioner. The dance - was for a Samhain/Halloween belly dancing stage number a couple of years ago).

Can you see which 5 cards they are? ;) :) :):

Attachments

• XTanga's Tarot.jpg
    XTanga's Tarot.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 214

Farzon

:) I don't keep my stuff - because like Sigils, they are impermanent.
I usually destroy after use.
But - I have one Tarot Spell that you CAN see. Lol.
I painted it in a fit of dreaming enthusiasm - and specifically to be a permanent "spell" for my Tarot business (it's on my Tarot website, www.tangastarot.com, and on my Tarot facebook blog).
It's a rendition of me - dancing - and a composite of 5 cards. (5, reflecting the pentacle: 4 Elements plus the fifth of Spirit - all encompassed within the WILL of the magickal practitioner. The dance - was for a Samhain/Halloween belly dancing stage number a couple of years ago).

Can you see which 5 cards they are? ;) :) :):
[emoji106]
Two of pents, Magician, Star, World. I'm lost on the fifth one though... [emoji28]

Tanga

[emoji106]
Two of pents, Magician, Star, World. I'm lost on the fifth one though... [emoji28]

Gold Star for you! :joke:
:) 6 of Pents.

Here's me in Magician mode ;) - the model for the card:

Attachments

• Tanga O W13.jpg
    Tanga O W13.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 204

JustJazzie

Ohhh! You know what?
I was concerned about using my tarot cards in certain spells. Salt, for instance may dry out the cards, and oils would ruin them. I do LOVE the coloring idea, but honestly I don't connect to the RWS which seems to be most of the available coloring pages..

Then I had a magnificent thought!

I have all of my decks digitized. Either scanned into the computer, or "screen shots" of my digital decks. So I can easily print off the right cards from the right deck that have the right energies for each specific spell. ( Even adjusting size for practicality) And not be afraid to use other elements as needed!

earthair

Then I had a magnificent thought!

I have all of my decks digitized. Either scanned into the computer, or "screen shots" of my digital decks. So I can easily print off the right cards from the right deck that have the right energies for each specific spell. ( Even adjusting size for practicality) And not be afraid to use other elements as needed!

:joke: I was just about to suggest this!
And photoshop to your heart's desire them before printing out. :party: